The Specialized Client Services Coordinator is responsible for overseeing program development and service delivery of specialized services to support youth from ages 13-24 who are experiencing or are at risk of homelessness.
Responsibilities of this position include: supervising staff responsible for specialized services, developing community linkages and referrals for these programs, collaborating with other Friends of Youth program staff to make referrals, community presentations and outreach to promote these programs, and filling in for staff in a direct service capacity.
The coordination will provide support and act as primary backup for their direct supervision staff who have on-call responsibilities 24/7 ever third week, currently Safe Place and CSEC programs.
This position supports the Shelter & Outreach Program Manager as outlines below.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Shelter & Outreach Program Manager
A. Supervisory & Administrative Tasks
1. Regular supervision of assigned staff
2. Training and hiring of staff
3. Collaboration with the Outreach Program Coordinator to facilitate joint team meetings as well as aligning referral and communication for both teams
4. Collection and analysis of program data for internal and external reporting
5. Ongoing review of program case files
6. Program development
7. Support Shelter & Outreach Program Manager in budget oversight
8. Engagement and support of Homeless Youth Services as part of the leadership/supervision team
9. Oversee completion of quarterly Performance and Quality Improvement (PQI) reviews and summaries
B. Community Relations/Outreach
1. Attend regular meetings with community and agency partners to inform program implementation and service delivery
2. Communicate outreach efforts on a central SharePoint community outreach calendar
3. Maintain a liaison relationship with school, police, health providers, churches, and other groups who might provide services or referrals to the programs
4. Meet with other providers to share program information and coordinate services
C. Direct Service
1. Provide backup 24/7 on-call (phone and in-person support as necessary) every 3rd week to Safe Place and CSEC staff.
2. Provide case management for clients in emergencies or during temporary staff vacancies.
3. Other duties as assigned by supervisor
A. Education and Experience
1. Bachelor's Degree in a social service related field (Master degree preferred)
2. Three years experience working with adolescents/young adults (2 years as a case manager strongly preferred)
3. Minimum of one year experience supervising staff (2 years strongly preferred)
4. Experience working collaboratively with partner service agencies
5. Program development experience, especially with successful implementation of new programs a plus
6. Education or experience in cultural competency
B. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Familiarity with Eastside resources a plus
2. Understanding of normal adolescent development
3. Ability to establish and maintain trusting relationships
4. Ability to understand and maintain appropriate boundaries
5. Consistently maintain required paperwork
6. Must demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences
7. Comfortable interacting with youth in informal settings
8. Must demonstrate sensitivity to needs of clients in crisis
9. Employees and volunteers who operate their own or Friends of Youth vehicles on Friends of Youth business must have a safe driving record as defined by Friends of Youth. Employees and volunteers who operate their own vehicle(s) on Friends of Youth business must carry auto liability insurance that complies with the requirements of Friends of Youth
10. Knowledge of relevant COA standards and participation in a Performance and Quality Improvement process
Hours: This position is .75 FTE
How to apply
E-mail resumes to Jay Doran at firstname.lastname@example.org