The Animal Medical Center, a full-service, not-for-profit veterinary specialty hospital, research and teaching facility on Manhattan’s Upper East Side, is seeking a Special Events Manager to join our team and help us continue to fulfill our mission. The position will be responsible for planning all development department events. In addition, they will be involved in helping with donor cultivation and recognition.
- Oversee and manage all small development cultivation events including: overseeing invitations, tracking rsvps, managing catering logistics, and day of setup and execution of the event. This includes the Annual White Coat Ceremony and Graduation in the Spring and the Society events in the Fall.
- Take lead role with Junior Committee activities managing and executing their 3 events a year including: ticketed Fall Fundraiser, Spring Health Fair, and Lecture. Additionally, maintain correspondence with the committee between meetings.
- Work with Living Legends Committee to plan and implement annual Spring Luncheon managing all event logistics, invitations, keeping track of ticket sales and seating, and all event follow up.
- Responsible for overseeing the implementation and planning of the Annual Top Dog Gala while working closely with Director of Development. Responsibilities include: managing all event logistics, working with outside vendors, managing the budget, oversight of invitation, keeping track of ticket sales and seating for 400 plus people, overseeing the management of the Annual Top Dog Gala Journal and doing all follow up for the event.
- Collect and track all tables, tickets and journal ads sold for Annual Top Dog Gala
- Maintain all donor and committee invitation lists for Top Dog Gala, Living Legends Luncheon and Junior Committee Events
- Handle other events related activities including, creation of place cards, nametags and event programs for all department events
- Generate all event acknowledgment letters and post event mailings as required for events
- Responsible for scheduling all event committee meetings, taking minutes and writing up post-meeting report
Qualified Individuals will have
- A bachelor’s degree (master’s a plus)
- 3+ years of experience of doing non-profit event planning including experience with ticketed fundraising events.
- Demonstrated leadership and superior organizational skills
- The ability to manage a variety of projects at one time.
- Accuracy and meticulous attention to detail are essential
- Must be computer proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or other donor databases a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Love of animals desirable
How to apply
The Animal Medical Center offers excellent benefits including medical/dental insurance, tuition assistance, retirement plans, pet care discounts and more. If you believe you meet these requirements, and would like to become a part of our dedicated team, we’d like to meet you to talk about this diverse, highly-visible, hands-on position. Qualified candidates please e-mail resumes to email@example.com.
To learn more about The Animal Medical Center visit our website at www.amcny.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer
510 East 62nd Street, New York, New York, 10065, United States