Essential Functions and Responsibilities of Position:
- Writes Individualized Education Plans and analyzes progress toward student goals.
- Participates in annual IEP meetings for students with disabilities.
- Collaborates with general education teachers to develop and implement best practices for the success of all learners within the classroom and the Special Education setting.
- Plans around IEP goals that are aligned to Common Core State Standards.
- Develops differentiated instruction using students’ strengths to guide students to explore, express and uncover new ideas of their own.
- Administers, collects, and analyzes data gathered from a variety of assessments on each student.
- Builds relationships with students’ families through regular communication about students’ progress and provides ways in which families can support their children’s learning.
Submits lesson plans, assignments, assessments, and other instructional materials and methods weekly.
How to apply
To Apply: Applicants for the SETSS Teacher position, please contact Jamey Greco, Director of Special Education and Tonia Williams, Director of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org, with your resumes and cover letters. In addition, please download an electronic employment application (http://www.owncs.org/employment/), fill it out, and email it with your cover letter and resume.
Jamey Greco, Director of Special Education and Tonia Williams, Director of Human Resources
36-12 35th Avenue, Astoria, NY, 11106, US