Northside Charter High School is seeking a Special Education Teacher.
- Adapts classroom work for the purpose of providing students with instructional materials that address individualized learning plans within established lesson plans.
- Administers developmental testing programs, subject specific assessments, etc. for the purpose of assessing student competency levels and/or developing individual learning plans.
- Advises parents and/or legal guardians of student progress for the purpose of communicating expectations; student's achievements; developing methods for improvement and/or reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment.
- Assesses student progress towards objectives, expectations, and/or goals (e.g. behavioral, motor development and communication skills, academic needs, vocational abilities, etc.) for the purpose of providil1g feedback to students, parents and administration.
- Enter, update, and monitor student grades and attendance on PowerSchool.
- Collaborates with instructional staff, other school personnel, parents and a variety of community resources for the purpose of improving the overall quality of student outcomes, and achieving established classroom objectives in support of the school improvement plan.
- Demonstrates methods required to perform classroom and/or subject specific assignments for the purpose of providing an effective program that addresses individual student requirements.
- Monitors students' behavior/activities in a variety of educational environments for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment.
- Participates in and/or coordinates a variety of meetings (e.g. PLC, IEP, department, school) for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
- Prepares a variety of written materials (e.g. grades, attendance, anecdotal records, etc.) for the purpose of documenting student progress and meeting mandated requirements.
- Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Responds to inquiries from a variety of sources (e.g. other teachers, parents, administrators, etc.) for the purpose of resolving issues, providing information and/or direction.
- Teaches 2 or more periods of Resource Room.
- (Minimum) Undergraduate degree in Special Education
- NYSED Certification in Special Education (grades 9 to 12)
- NYSED Fingerprint Clearance
How to apply
Applicants may email cover letter, resume, two recommendation letters, and copies of licensure to:
- Ms. Jesenia Rodriguez, Director of Human Resources:JRodriguez@northsidechs.org
*Please type "Special Education Teacher" in the subject field
Northside Charter High School is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Ms. Jesenia Rodriguez
424 Leonard Street, 4th Floor, Brooklyn, NY, 11222, US