TEACH, LEARN, GROW WITH CENTER CITY PUBLIC CHARTER SCHOOLS!
The quintessential Center City teacher is committed to working with educationally under-served students, holds high expectations for all students, possesses strong content knowledge and classroom management skills, and contributes to a team of dedicated school professionals.
We empower our children for success through a rigorous academic program and strong character education. At Center City PCS, "Character, Excellence, and Service" are the three tenets of our mission and everything we do stems from one of these core principles.While every teacher is different, Center City PCS seeks a SPANISH TEACHER who:
- Holds a bachelor's degree in applicable subject area, as appropriate
- Has Passing Praxis exam scores, by OSSE standards for applicable grade level or subject area
- Has at least one year of full-time teaching experience and urban environment classroom experience (strongly preferred).
- Meets Highly Qualified Teacher standards according to DC's Office of the State Superintendent of Education.
Visit our website TODAY to learn more about opportunities to teach and lead with Center City Public Charter Schools!
- Academic expertise and enthusiasm for Spanish language for native and non-native speakers
- Record of effective teaching and high achievement in the classroom
- Experience using assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instruction
- Highly-qualified (certification preferred) to teach Spanish and Elementary School in the District of Columbia
- teacher, with grade-level and subject area passing Praxis scores
- Minimum of 2 years of urban teaching experience
- Demonstrates ability to use data to assess student learning, with evidence of growth
- Demonstrates classroom leadership (observation or practice teaching during interview)
- Possesses knowledge of CCPCS goals and objectives, recent teaching trends and research
- Demonstrates proficiency with curriculum and materials of instruction in field of specialization
- Ability to work effectively with students, parents, administrators, colleagues, community, and other school system staff
- Ability to infuse technology into curriculum
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills
How to apply
Interested candidates should apply by submitting an application online and uploading the following documents with the application.
- A current resume
- A cover letter addressing your interest in Center City PCS
- DC teaching license (if available)
- Passing Praxis Exam scores
- Additional supporting documentation (e.g. copies of degrees earned)
Including the requested information will ensure that your application is processed expediently.
900 2nd Street NE Suite 221, Washington, DC, 20002, US