Lutheran Social Services of the National Capital Area's Unaccompanied Refugee Minor program is looking for a motivated individual that is interested in joining a growing program that has potential opportunities for professional growth and program development. LSSNCA provides supportive services to children/youth who are determined to be unaccompanied refugees, immigrants, or victims of human trafficking. The program provides services in accordance with contracts under the Office of Refugee Resettlement and DC Child and Family Services Agency. The position will serve as the primary social worker for unaccompanied refugee and immigrant children/youth that are placed under the care of the DC foster care system.
PERFORMANCE EVALUATION BASED ON:
• Quality of Services
• Completion of Contractual Benchmarks
• Technical Proficiency/Job Knowledge
• Dedication to Continuous Quality Improvement
• Communication Skills
• Feedback from clients, foster families, and partnering professionals
• Provide social work and case management services to unaccompanied minors and foster families.
• Maintain up-to-date case plans, client records and other documentation as indicated.
• Provide professional counseling for children/youth and foster families as needed.
• Use knowledge of service network to make appropriate and timely referrals for services as needed by youth and their foster families.
• Case report preparation, provide court testimony, attend case conferences, and present case material for administrative reviews.
• Participate in individual and group supervision, staff meetings, professional consultation, training, and other conferences as required for professional growth as well as improving the quality of agency services.
• Conduct foster/adoptive home studies as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITY:â€‚This position reports to the URM/Foster Care Supervisor.
• Master's degree (MSW) from an accredited college or university and LGSW (REQUIRED).
• Ability to work with culturally-diverse populations
• Excellent writing, oral communication, time management, and organizational skills
• Complete medical, FBI and child abuse and neglect clearances
• Computer proficiency
• Driver's license
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE/SKILL SETS:
• Oral proficiency in a second language highly preferred (Spanish, French, Amharic, etc.)
• Knowledge/Experience in therapeutic foster care case management.
• Experience working with diverse populations and English language learners.
• Understanding of positive youth development and trauma-informed care.
• Crisis and conflict management.
How to apply
A resume and online application is required to be considered for this position. Click this link to apply
4406 Georgia Avenue N.W, Washington, DC, 20011, US