The Center for Urban Community Services, a national leader in the development of effective housing and service initiatives for homeless people invites applications for a Social Worker position at the newly constructed Lenniger Residences, a 91 unit supportive housing program for low income and formerly homeless individuals and families located in the East Tremont section of the Bronx. The population served includes individuals with histories of substance abuse and mental illness. The program provides training in evidence based practices including Motivational Interviewing, Wellness Self-Management and Behavioral Treatment for Substance Abuse for People with Serious Mental Illness. Services provided include case management, mental health services and person centered service planning.
The Social Worker will carry a caseload and provide decision making and service delivery responsibilities including crisis-intervention, medication management and regulatory compliance. Social Worker will participate and contribute to a program culture that is client-centered, outcome-oriented and dedicated to continuous quality improvement.
- Master's Degree in Social Work required
- CUCS requires that all full-time social workers who provide services within the LMSW or LCSW scope of practice to have a license within 6 months from date of hire
- Experience with related population, verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred, but not required.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply online:
- Please be advised that you must upload your cover letter and resume in one document.
- Applicants will only be considered for positions they apply for.
614 East 174th Street, Bronx, NY, 10457, US