Brooklyn Community Services is one of Brooklyn's largest and first non-sectarian social services agencies. Serving more than 10,000 individuals annually, BCS provides a broad and diverse range of services including prevention of foster care placement; crisis intervention; early childhood and after school education; vocational training, job placement, and clinical services to adults.
BCS is participating in broad-based relief efforts to assist Brooklyn residents in the Hurricane Sandy storm aftermath. BCS has focused our efforts in Coney Island – one of the areas most severely devastated by Hurricane Sandy. We are especially trying to reach families who suffered substantial losses not covered by insurance and not funded by FEMA. BCS is providing short and long term relief recovery, and assistance including: benefits assistance; mental health and family counseling; support and guidance around entitlements; and essential furnishing, household supplies, and clothing.
- Provide client advocacy, case management, and other supportive services to a a caseload of families
- Develop comprehensive treatment plans, which include assessments, service-planning, and goal/outcome identification and evaluation
- Maintain timely case notes
- Conduct home visits
- Collaborate and coordinate services with other providers
- Participate in in-service trainings
MSW or similar degree required, LMSW preferred. Knowledge of family systems and/or strong interest in learning how to do effective clinical work with families is preferred. Experience with substance abuse issues is also preferred.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
How to apply
Email cover letter and resume to:
Jodi Querbach, Program Director, Family Services
285 Schermerhorn Street, Brooklyn, NY, 11217, US