The Actors Fund, a national nonprofit organization serving professionals in the performing arts and entertainment community, seeksa Masters-level Social Worker to provide clinical case management in our Entertainment Assistance Program. As a key member of The Fund'sSocial Services Team, this social worker reports directly to the Supervisor of The Entertainment Assistance Program, Western Region.
RESPONSIBILITIES:Provides intake and direct services to a caseload that can include clients from the Entertainment Assistance Program, Mental Health, and Chemically Dependent population. Supports flow of intake volume and responds in timely manner.
Engages and works collaboratively with a wide variety of clients, families and significant others in a clinical process that facilitates development of a biopsychosocial assessment, which identifies strengths, needs and gaps in services and long-term supports.
Assesses the severity of mental health and chemical dependency issues and formulates an agreed upon treatment plan.
Responds to crises and intervenes effectively. Capable of providing intensive case management, evaluating and advocating for Actors Fund and other financial assistance, as well as serving as a liaison to internal and external resources on behalf of the client.
Provides individual, couples or family supportive counseling as part of the clinical process to achieve identified treatment goals and outcomes. Facilitates and creates groups pertinent to client and program issues.
Coordinates all support and ancillary services to insure appropriate referrals for and maintenance of entitlements, benefits, medical, mental health and substance abuse treatment services, housing, educational/vocational needs. Visit clients at home, in hospital and/or treatment program, as well as in community-based programming, when essential to ensuring continuity of care.
- The ideal candidate should possess strong assessment, intensive clinical case management and advocacy skills. Crisis intervention skills are a must with the ability to engage a wide range of presentations. He/She should be organized and able to handle diverse tasks in a fast paced, high volume environment.
- Experience working within a crisis intervention as well as brief treatment model preferred. Experience with the entertainment community helpful. H/She should consistently convey a sense of empathy with clients and demonstrate solid clinical acumen. Worker should value and have the willingness to use the individual and group clinical supervision process to reflect, observe and enhance clinical practice.
- Masters Degree from an accredited School of Social Work
- State licensure - optional
- Worker will adhere to and be compliant with NASW code of ethics Availability to assist in agency-wide outreach to the entertainment community to provide information about Actors Fund services.
- Available to conduct groups, seminars or trainings during the evenings as needed
- Local travel for client visits is required; a valid, unrevoked driver's license, valid in California and access to a vehicle are necessary.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
This is a full- time salaried position based in The Actors Funds' Los Angeles office. TheActors Fund offers a competitive salary, as well as a comprehensive benefits package,including: choice of multiple health and dental plan options, voluntary vision, flex and dependent care plans, employer-paid life and long-term disability insurance, supplementallife and disability, 401(k) retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off andpaid parking.
ABOUT THE ACTORS FUND
The Actors Fund is a national human services organization that helps everyone performers and those behind the sceneswho works in performing arts and entertainment, helping more than 17,000 people directly each year, and hundreds of thousands online. Serving professionals in film, theatre, television, music, opera, radio and dance, The Fund's programs include social services and emergency financial assistance, health care and insurance counseling, housing, and employment and training services. With offices in New York, Los Angeles and Chicago, The Actors Fund has beenfor 132 yearsa safety net for those in need, crisis or transition. Visitwww.actorsfund.org.
How to apply
TO APPLY CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW
Apply online at www.Actorsfund.org/careers.A complete application will include a resume/cover letter/salary history and/or requirements.
5757 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 400, Los Angeles, CA, 90036, US