The Booker T. Washington Beacon 54 is a community-based program that works with a diverse group of families, providing educational, recreational and cultural activities. We are seeking a Social Worker to be able to multi-task, work independently and within a team dynamic, understands child welfare and substance abuse, and is flexible. This person will report directly to the Program Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct home based, office based, and school based assessments of children's health and safety
- Ensure the timely and accurate completion and submission of all required documentation
- Acquire knowledge of various community based and governmental resources and refer families to and advocate for the acquisition of such resources on behalf of children and their families.
- Monitor and evaluate children's academic functioning, and make appropriate referrals for academic support when needed
- Co-facilitate groups/workshops aimed at address the service needs of children and families
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- A commitment to the mission and programs of HCZ
- Bachelor's degree with at least 2 years of relevant experience; Master's degree with LMSW or LCSW preferred
- Must possess some knowledge of child welfare and youth development
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills, both oral and written
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook
- Must be flexible and possess the ability to work under pressure
- Passion for children and families and a strong connection to the community
- Bilingual Spanish is a plus
How to apply
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. To be considered, interested applicants must submit a cover letter and resume. To apply, CLICK HERE.
No telephone inquiries or recruiters please. Replies will only be sent to qualified applicants. HCZ is an EOE.
1916 Park Avenue, New York, NY, 10037, US