Brooklyn Community Services is one of Brooklyn’s largest and first non-sectarian social services agencies. Serving more than 13,000 individuals annually, BCS provides a broad and diverse range of services including prevention of foster care placement; crisis intervention; early childhood and after school education; vocational training, job placement, and clinical services to adults.
Our preventive services program focuses on ensuring child safety, helping children develop and reach their full potential, and strengthening families. BCS has been a nation-wide leader in family preservation services. Our prevention program utilizes Structural Family Therapy (SFT), a clinical approach that is strengths-based, systemically-oriented, and goal-directed. Using this modality, BCS maintains a staff of Master’s level Social Workers who are trained to facilitate change in order to strengthen families’ ability to manage the complex conditions they face.
- Provide intensive weekly family therapy, client advocacy, case management, and other supportive services to a small caseload of families
- Develop comprehensive treatment plans, which include assessments, service-planning, and goal/outcome identification and evaluation.
- Maintain timely case notes
- Conduct home visits
- Attend family conferences
- Collaborate and coordinate services with other providers
- Participate in in-service trainings
MSW or similar degree required, LMSW preferred. Knowledge of family systems and/or strong interest in learning how to do effective clinical work with families is preferred. Experience with substance abuse issues is also preferred. CASAC and Spanish/English bilingual skills are each a plus.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
How to apply
CONTACT:Email cover letter and resume to:
Jorge Fernandez, Sr. Social Work Supervisor of Preventive Services
285 Schermerhorn Street, Brooklyn, New York, 11217, United States