The Clinical Supervisor will be responsible for the delivery of clinical services of an Article 31 Outpatient Mental Health Clinic serving adults living with serious mental illness; including clinical program development, supervision, training and evaluation of professional staff.
- Conducts clinical supervision for full time and fee-for-service therapists, carries small clinical caseload and provides direct clinical services.
- In coordination with the Quality Assurance department, oversees regulatory compliance (Part 599 regulations and other applicable laws and regulations), audits, and QA activities; corresponds with NYS OMH as needed and appropriate and upholds all clinic related SUS compliance protocols and procedures.
- Develop expertise in the clinic’s EHR to provide training and support to clinical staff and schedulers.
- Actively monitors the integrity of consumer data; responsible for the reliability and accuracy of clinic data housed by SUS’ Electronic Health Record (EHR) and Practice Management software.
- Performs administrative functions related to clinic operations including monitoring psychotherapists’ caseloads and productivity, timely management of clinic referrals, assignment of cases, and review of treatment plans and other types of required documentation.
- Provides administrative supervision to nurse practitioners, psychiatrists and administrative staff; closely coordinates with clinic psychiatrists and SUS senior managers.
- Implements best and evidence-based approaches to treatment consistent with SUS’ organizational culture; health/mental health integration, rehabilitation and recovery, wellness, complimentary and alternative medicine (CAM) approaches figure prominently.
- Oversees compliance with agency Incident Monitoring and Reporting Policies and Procedures.
- Oversees and monitors clinic specific risk-management procedures and protocols, including accountability activities for clients lost to care.
- In coordination with relevant members of the SUS senior management team, manages outreach and marketing to potential referral sources internal and external to SUS; active liaison with community service providers, hospitals, and other prospective referral sources is required.
- LCSW or Ph.D. (clinical psychology) and a MINIMUM of 3-5 years experience in mental health clinic management and supervision. Experience with SMI, dually diagnosed, HIV/AIDS populations required.
- Strong knowledge of new Article 31 regulations (Part 599), and best practices in clinic operations also required.
- Background in integrated treatment of co-occurring mental health and substance abuse disorders.
- Demonstrated expertise in direct evidence-based clinical practice, hiring and supervision of clinical staff, clinic management.
- Strong operational knowledge of Medicaid, Medicare, private insurers and Managed Care inclusive of laws, regulations, and the contracting process.
- Operational knowledge of budgeting and billing processes.
- Demonstrated experience with diverse populations highly preferred; Spanish speakers are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Excellent management/administrative skills; ability to multi-task; close attention to detail; ability to thrive in a fast paced environment .
How to apply
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/z8z83cw