The Social Work Supervisor will be responsible for ensuring that the Housing Liaisons and Employment Specialists provide quality services to all families. Ensures compliance with regulatory, contractual and WIN requirements.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- · Provide comprehensive case management, including individual and group counseling services and other appropriate supportive services in the absence of the Case Managers.
- · Provide crisis intervention, as needed.
- · Liaise and collaborate with outside agencies and service providers to ensure clients receive the needed services.
- · Conduct ongoing follow-up with clients and referral agencies to ensure clients are in compliance with referrals and making progress.
- · Monitors and ensures that case managers conduct an initial needs assessment, etc. with new families within 48 hours of arrival.
- · Monitors and ensures that the Case Manager meets with the families to assess their housing needs and develop an Individualized Living Plan.
- · Review/Audits Uniform Client Chart (CARES data entry, supporting documentation and chart maintenance) and ensures that the client information and data is accurate and complete.
- · Supervises Case Managers and provide coaching, training and development, as needed.
- · Coordinates and develops staff training workshops as needed.
- · Ensure that all Case Managers maintain current and accurate confidential case records, which includes intake, assessment, follow-up evaluations, progress reports, consultations and recommendations.
- · Ensures the training of the Case Managers in the utilization of the Uniform Client Chart (CARES data entry, supporting documentation and chart maintenance). Provides on-going individual training to ensure that the client chart is appropriately utilized as a tool to document all case activity. Ensures that chart is complete and accurate at all times.
- · Ensures that the Case Managers are oriented, trained and understand their charting responsibilities. Monitors and ensures that hard copy of data is maintained in the client chart with supporting documentation.
- · Assume responsibility for Program Services in the absence of the Program Director.
- · Oversee the day-to-day case management, intake, counseling and referral operations of the shelter.
- · Must ensure that client charts are “Audit Ready” at all times.
- · Conducts regularly scheduled audits of the Uniform Client Chart (CARES data entry, supporting documentation and chart maintenance), to ensure compliance with OTDA regulatory requirements, DHS contractual requirements and WIN standards.
- · Attends regularly scheduled CARES training sessions to obtain updates and upgrades of the system and ensure consistency in dissemination of information and training of all staff.
- · Manage the shelter’s multidisciplinary team and ensure that weekly case conferences are conducted.
- · Design program and activities schedule for residents, including monthly house meetings.
- · Develops and conducts client workshops.
- · Assess effectiveness of referral agencies and WIN programs, provide feed back to the Program Director to ensure that resources are available and goals of the program are achieved.
- · Prepare mandated reports as required by WIN and other contractual agencies in an accurate, timely manner.
- · Assist with staff recruitment, training, development and performance evaluations.
- · Attend and participate in meetings, training and case conferences, as required by the shelter, the Department of Children’s Services and WIN.
- · Other responsibilities, as needed.
- M.S.W. or related field with three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in family, or residential counseling services, and one (1) to two (2) years’ supervisory experience, or B.A. in Social Service or related field and six (6) to eight (8) years’ relevant experience
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse staff and client population
- Experience with standardized assessment tools
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Familiarity with entitlement systems and procedures preferred
- Working knowledge of substance abuse issues would be helpful
- Willingness and ability to be on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week
- Knowledge of computer skills preferred
- Bilingual ; English/Spanish would be helpful
Immediate Supervisor: Program Director
firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
115 West 31st Street, New York, NY, 10001, US