Refugee Services of Texas Case Managers provide case management services for eligible client populations, including but not limited to refugees, asylees, Special Immigrant Visa holders, and Cuban parolees. Services are focused on governmental and community benefits applications, medical case management, and crisis intervention services.
• Provide case management duties to ensure compliance with all contracts and agreements associated with the specific office.
• Provide intake and assessment for refugee clients referred to the Social Adjustment Services Program.
• Maintain case files on all clients.
• Develop a plan of action to assist refugees with barriers to self-sufficiency.
• Provide data input into the Refugee Data Center for the State of Texas.
• Assure compliance with all required reports of the Social Adjustment Services program and ensure reports are submitted in a timely manner.
• Serve as a local representative of the agency, by attending meetings, making presentations, and handling public relations duties as required.
• Participate in weekly staff meetings and bi-weekly conference calls.
• Maintain a good working relationship with other service providers and community partners in the area.
• Maintain open and direct communications with other staff.
• Assist the Area Director with other duties as directed.
• Background in social services, Bachelor's degree required, degree in Social Work preferred
• Experience working with diverse populations and refugee social service programs desired
• High English language proficiency required; fluency in a language spoken by the client base preferred (such as Arabic, Burmese, Spanish, French, Ahmaric)
• Computer proficient including Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
• Capable of working independently and proven experience in achieving goals
• Car, driver's license, and valid insurance are required
How to apply
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate job title and location in the subject line.