Our vision is for all children to excel. The Site Manager is responsible for the implementation of the BELL program model by building a strong team, ensuring positive outcomes and a high quality experience for the scholars. Site Managers are highly visible and involved in the school, creating a strong relationship with the building administration and staff. Site Managers also support the overall administration and operation of BELL's after-school and summer programs.
Join our Team
Do you believe that all children have extraordinary potential – that all children can be scholars? Do you want to work with educators who share your belief, and who are committed to delivering the best learning experiences possible for the scholars who need them most? BELL is the place for you! Join BELL to teach, enrich, inspire, and transform children into scholars.
BELL is a growing, mission-driven organization with a strong commitment to serving scholars, families, and schools. Our talented and diverse team is comprised of individuals with a variety of backgrounds who share BELL's mission and who work tirelessly to see it through. We seek qualified, driven, and dedicated individuals to join our team.
Work with BELL and change the world, one scholar at a time.
Site Manager Key Responsibilities
- Ensure that the goals of the program are achieved for each scholar.
- Collaborate with recruitment department in the selection of staff.
- Manage and evaluate staff to ensure proper staffing ratios, instruction and success of the program.
- Coordinate activities and events for parents, scholars and staff, including field trips, guest speakers and community service projects.
- Participate in the program planning process prior to the start of the program and assist with scholar enrollment and parent events.
- Ensure that all curriculum and supplies are received, distributed and maintained throughout the program.
- Manage the established budget for the program.
- Oversee the use of data driven instruction utilizing formative assessments.
- Implement and maintain a positive behavior management system that is clear and aligns with the school, district and state requirements.
- Ensure the ongoing health and safety of scholars at all times.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulations and requirements.
- Serve as the connection between BELL and the scholars' parents to ensure support for their child's growth.
- Coordinate BELL's partnership with the school by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, including school administrators, teachers and parents.
Other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager
Skills and background
- Bachelors required.
- Fluency in a second language, particularly Spanish, is a plus.
- Passion and commitment to improving the quality of education for children living in under resourced communities.
- Experience working in urban communities as a teacher or school administrator, preferably with additional experience managing an out of school time program or other community-based youth program.
- Experience working in an elementary or middle school environment
- Experience with general education intervention and special education preferred
- Strong leadership skills with experience in managing different levels of staff.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with parents, administrators, staff and scholars.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and organization skills.
How to apply
Please apply via the BELL website at www.experiencebell.org
60 Clayton Street, Boston, MA, 02122, US