Shelter Counselor ; Emergency Shelter
FT Counselors to work at our crisis shelter for teens in Vienna. EOE.
- coach and monitor residents
- conduct individual counseling sessions and life skills workshops
- provide case management
- thoroughly document resident files
- Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy living environment
- Answer crisis hotline calls
- Schedule is as follows: Monday 4:00-11:00; Tuesday 3:00 – 11:00pm; Wednesday 8:30am – 5:30pm; Thursday – off; Friday – off; Saturday 3:30-11:30; Sunday 8:30am – 4:30pm.
- BA in psychology, human services counseling or related field required
- Prior experience with teens is preferred
- Ability to speak Spanish is preferred
- Ideal candidate is a self-starter, high energy, well organized, multi-tasker
- Must be willing to undergo a background investigation prior to employment and be willing to be certified in CPR, First Aid, Medication Administration and Managing Aggressive Behavior.
Benefits include: health, dental, long term disability, and life insurance, and paid time off.
How to apply
Send resume and cover letter to:
ATTN: Shelter Counselor
PO Box 694, Dunn Loring, VA 22027
Fax to (703) 506-8949.
Fax to (703) 506-8949
2100 Gallows Road, Vienna, VA, 22182, US