Good Shepherd Services, a leading NYC non-profit committed to the success of young people and families, is currently seeking a Senior Social Worker, for our YABC at Monroe High School Program in the Bronx.
The Senior Social Worker will provide individual and group counseling, crisis intervention, attendance outreach, and workshops to young adults and assist in implementing other aspects of the program. Engage in extensive work with DOE teachers and administrators in collaborative program.
- LMSW required.
- Provide programmatic support to staff in absence of Program Director
- Assist with completion of monthly data reports required by the DOE
- Supervise MSW student intern in their field placement at Monroe YABC
- Support Advocate Counselors in organizing their respective schedules, establishing priorities, and completing all required monthly contact mandates with participants and timely ETO data entry
- Must have experience working with adolescent/young adults individually and in groups.
- Prior experience in a school setting helpful.
- Must be able to work 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. (Monday – Thursday) and some Saturdays.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a commitment to work from a strength based and/or youth development perspective.
How to apply
Go to http://www.goodshepherds.org/employment.htmlfor a complete description and application instructions.
1300 Boynton Avenue, Bronx, NY, 10472, US