Senior Project Manager, New Vision for Agriculture Initiative
The World Economic Forum USA is an independent international organization committed to improving the state of the world by engaging industry leaders in partnerships to shape global, regional and industry agendas. Incorporated as a non-profit business league (approved §501(c)6 of the IRS code) and based in New York, the World Economic Forum USA is impartial and not-for-profit; it is tied to no political, partisan or national interests. It is the North American affiliate of the World Economic Forum, a non-profit foundation based in Geneva, Switzerland, under the supervision of the Swiss Federal Government.
The New Vision for Agriculture initiative facilitates multistakeholder collaboration and partnership to achieve food security, environmental sustainability and economic opportunity through agricultural development. Led by 31 global companies in partnership with 16 governments in seven regions, it builds action-oriented partnerships and collaboration at global, regional and country levels. The initiative engages the private sector as an active partner in achieving food security on global platforms such as the G8 and G20, and by catalysing regional and country-level initiatives in Africa, Asia and Latin America. The initiative works with a wide range of stakeholders from global and local companies, government, international organizations, civil society, academia and research, and farmers’ organizations.
As a Project Manager for the New Vision for Agriculture initiative, you will to manage partnerships and promote knowledge and best practice exchange among a broad global network of partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing and managing innovative public-private partnerships and collaboration platforms among diverse stakeholders
- Identify and promote best practices and insights across regions
- Coordinate high-level events and develop effective project communications
- Liaise with colleagues from a wide array of internal teams to coordinate their input to the initiative
- Write reports and conduct research as needed, and produce summary documents of meetings and/or other output
Qualifications and Skills
- Master’s degree in agriculture, economics, public policy, political science or in another applicable area
- Must have at least five years of relevant professional experience
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills, with a broad knowledge base in agriculture and/or economic development issues
- Must have demonstrated solid project management skills, and the ability to organize processes and people and implement solutions to meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural collaboration skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, highly demanding environment
- Possess a broad intellectual background
- Comfortable with global travel
- Fluency in both written and spoken English; proficiency in a second language would be an asset (particularly Spanish)
You will join the Forum as part of our Global Leadership Fellows Programme (www.weforum.org/glf). As such, you will be fully integrated in the World Economic Forum and benefit from an intensive work and learning experience intended to develop and train future leaders of global enterprises and international organizations. The Global Leadership Programme is designed by the World Economic Forum in collaboration with its worldwide network of distinguished experts and leaders.
How to apply