IRC is one of the world’s leading humanitarian and post-conflict development agencies, with more than 12,000 staff supporting communities in over 40 countries. With an annual operating budget of over $390 million, IRC is a global leader in rapid response and durable solutions for populations in conflict, transition, and development. IRC’s health programming spans emergency health services, sexual assault survivor care, community case management, environmental health, nutrition, and blindness prevention. IRC’s reproductive health programs serve more than 13 million people in 24 low- and middle-income countries, including the provision of voluntary modern contraception, facility-based deliveries, and post-abortion care.
USAID is planning to award a five-year project to increase the uptake of long-acting reversible contraceptives (LARCs) and permanent methods (PMs) in post-abortion care settings. The project will expand use of LARCs/PMs through targeted, catalytic interventions in selected countries, contribute to global evidence on scaling up LARC/PM use, strengthen capacity of local institutions to support scale-up, and share lessons learned and build knowledge on scale-up.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Senior Program Officer will support the management and implementation of project activities including the monitoring and evaluation plan, monitoring the global uptake of the intervention(s), and implementation research.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Support the Project Director in achieving project objectives;
- In coordination with the Project Director, manage the implementation of the monitoring and evaluation plan and implementation research activities in target countries;
- Travel regularly to target countries to support implementation and monitoring;
- Contribute to USAID reporting through both formal and informal debriefings, annual and semi-annual reports;
- Forge and maintain solid cooperation with country teams, partner organizations, and government officials.
- Advanced degree in the health sciences;
- Minimum of five years of managing, and implementing international projects in developing countries, including conflict-affected countries;
- Experience in evaluation/implementation research;
- Expertise in reproductive health, including post-abortion care and provision of LARCs/PMs.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills, as well as the ability to network and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Experience working with U.S. Government agencies;
- Familiarity with USAID regulatory, contractual, legal and financial compliance requirements; and
- Experience implementing multi-country projects preferred.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please go to: