Earth Care is a non-profit youth and community development organization located in Santa Fe, NM founded in 2001 to educate and empower youth to create healthy, just and sustainable communities. We do this through sustainability education, service learning, youth-led community organizing and urban agriculture. Earth Care’s cornerstone programs include Youth Allies a leadership program for teenagers, Sustainable Schools engaging K-12 schools, students and teachers, and the Cadre Program for young professionals. For more information about Earth Care, go to www.earthcarenm.org.
Summary of position: Supervised by a Director of Community Partnerships, the Senior Program Manager is responsible for implementing the Earth Care cornerstone program Sustainable Schools and supporting the AmeriCorps grant and Cadre program. This person is responsible for sustaining, supporting, and building partnerships, managing and supporting Earth Care Educators who engage K-12 students in community environmental sustainability, and facilitating training for Earth Care Cadre members. As a member of the Leadership Team of Earth Care, this position will also participate in organizational management and cross-functional collaboration with other senior staff members to ensure the overall achievement of the mission of the organization. This is a full-time position.
• Developing and implementing environmental service-learning programs in traditionally underserved communities that engage students in creating sustainable communities.
• Building and managing relationships with K-12 School and District partners. Includes trainings of community organizations, educators, school district officials and partners.
• Providing management and coaching to Educators and Program Coordinators
• Coordinating and facilitating weekly trainings for Earth Care Educators to support programming in K-12 schools and monthly trainings for Cadre Members to support civic engagement in food security issues
• Supporting updates of program curriculum and resources
• Managing program evaluation and reporting
• Supporting fundraising and grant writing for programs
• Overseeing or planning and implementing program activities with Program Coordiators as appropriate (e.g. EC Educators and Cadre training, service days, in-school classes, etc.)
• Supporting a team identity and environment, respect diverse points of view, and support team decisions
• Participating actively as a lead or a member in organizational management and cross-functional collaboration.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Teaching certificate preferred
• Additional training/expertise in relevant content areas highly preferred (community/youth organizing, civic affairs, environmental education, leadership development, education reform, service learning, youth development)
• Knowledge of and commitment to Education for Sustainability preferred
• Minimum 3 years full-time, paid experience or graduate degree in related field(s): education, community/youth organizing, civic affairs, sustainability/environmental education, leadership development, education reform, service learning, youth development
• Teaching experience required in classrooms or environmental education setting
• Demonstrated success in program management, program development & implementation, grant writing
• Excellent interpersonal skills, proven ability to support and work as a high-functioning team
• Proven ability to interact successfully with varied partners and constituents
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills, ability to work independently and manage diverse tasks of the program
• Commitment to incorporation of shared leadership into culture of the program and partnership development and implementation strategies.
• Experience training adults preferred
• Exceptional communication and team building skills
• Entrepreneurial self-starter and creative thinker
• Excellent computer skills including MS Office, social media, basic web management, and internet navigation
• Ability to travel
• Ability to work flexible hours, including many weekends and evenings
Salary: $28-$32K DOE plus benefits
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until filled.