Skill Level: Senior Level
Position Type: Full Time
The Forest Stewardship Council U.S. National Office (FSC-US) FSC-US is the independent national initiative of FSC, the global leader in forest certification. FSC promotes responsible forest management by developing forest management and chain-of-custody standards, authorizing use of the FSC label on forest products, and by providing public education about FSC certification as a crucial market-based tool for ensuring that the world’s forests are protected for future generations.
FSC is experiencing extraordinary growth in demand, and now represents an estimated 4-5% market share of U.S. forest products. FSC-certified products, such as building materials, paper and furniture can now be purchased at a full range of major national retailers. Currently over 140 million acres of North American forestland is FSC-certified (355 million acres globally). Nearly 5000 North American companies are certified under FSC’s chain-of-custody standards (over 22,000 globally). See our website for more information.
FSC-US is seeking a Senior Marketing Manager to aid the company with strategic marketing plan development, marketing communications program excecution, marketing effectiveness analysis, budget and fulfillment management, and grassroots marketing.
We’re seeking a results-oriented professional with both marketing and account management experience to help drive consumer and B2B marketing efforts as well as marketing engagement with FSC members.
The Senior Marketing Manager will report directly to the Chief Marketing Officer. This full-time position will be based at our Minneapolis headquarters.
- Act as a key partner in the marketing of FSC US to consumers, corporations, and other sectors.
- Oversee a broad range of marketing, advertising and promotional activities.
- Develop annual marketing plan in conjunction with CMO, which details activities to follow during the fiscal year and which will focus on meeting organizational objectives.
- Help manage the entire marketing process from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Nurture and research potential partner relationships for FSC US with other consumer facing brands and media properties.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet organizational core values.
- Possess a strong understanding of retail customer and market dynamics and requirements.
Strategic Marketing Plan Development
- Build integrated strategic marketing plans that meet organizational objectives.
- Nurture and develop marketing partnerships.
- Lead strategic initiatives that result in co-branded communications with key consumer brands.
- Optimize contractual marketing spend.
Marketing Communications Program Execution
- Working with FSC US CMO, external stakeholders and vendors, coordinate development of all marketing communications including in-store collateral, direct mail, interactive marketing, sponsorships, public relations and advertising.
- Drive execution, foster innovation, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
- Participate in creative development at all stages and ensure that marketing meets FSC brand guidelines.
- Liaise with key accounts to obtain relevant creative approvals on a timely basis.
Marketing Effectiveness Analysis
- Monitor and analyze campaign and other marketing metrics to ensure activities are meeting goals.
- Provide detailed marketing effectiveness review on a quarterly basis.
Budget and Fulfillment Management
- Review monthly expenditure reports to ensure marketing budget is on track for the year.
- Coordinate with finance to ensure forecast needs are met.
- Lead “grass roots” efforts to provide support for events, seminars, conferences, promotions and/or sponsorships and work closely with FSC US regional managers to identify and support these opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA in Marketing preferred.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in marketing, ideally with some client facing experience.
- Proven success in developing marketing plans, budgets and forecasts that support business needs and objectives.
- Fundraising and event planning experience desired but not essential.
- Self-starter; must be capable of working independently and have a bias for action.
- Excellent knowledge of marketing discipline including direct response, retail and in store promotions, web and social media.
- Excellent relationship management skills that establish credibility, trust and respect quickly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior presentation skills.
- Ability to work with varied partners and effectively communicate FSC’s value proposition.
- Ability to manage a large number of projects and relationships and flex priorities accordingly.
- Must be willing to travel approximately 20-30% mostly in the domestic US with occasional travel to Europe.
Compensation: Compensation for this position is commensurate with experience. FSC-US has a competitive benefits package and 403b plan.
Please submit your cover letter, resume writing samples and/or portfolio to Jenny Wood at the email address listed below, and be sure to reference “Senior Marketing Manager” in the subject line.