About Net Impact
Net Impact is the leading nonprofit that inspires a new generation to use their careers to tackle the world’s toughest social and environmental problems. We empower student and professional leaders to act locally through our vibrant chapter network and connect globally online and through our flagship conference. By 2020, we will mobilize a million new leaders to drive positive change in the workplace and the world. Our San Francisco-based team is passionate about helping others discover how they can make a net impact through their careers. Join us!
About the Position
Net Impact has over 20,000 professional members who aspire to change the world through their career. Our members work in mission-based companies, traditional Fortune 500 companies, nonprofits, social enterprises, and more. We currently serve our professionals through 50+ global professional chapters as well as online offerings such as webinars and toolkits.
The Senior Manager of Professional Programs will help us bring our professional programming to its next level of growth and impact. This multi-talented individual will help craft strategy, build and manage relationships with key professional leaders, and deliver resources and programs to thousands of individuals in our network. This role will also have hands-on responsibility for providing everyday support to chapter leadership and developing channels for peer to peer sharing of ideas and best practices.
Program Strategy and Development
- Conduct research on member needs and gaps in support to young professionals seeking to make impact in their careers.
- Develop programs to address these needs, in collaboration with the VP of Programs and professional leaders
- Implement pilot programs, and evaluate for impact growth potential. Samples of what those could include are: digitally-based networking tools; toolkits; community forums; mentorship programs.
- On an ongoing basis, identify new impact opportunities by keeping a pulse on chapter activities and external organizations.
- Contribute to fundraising efforts through grant development, funder meetings and reporting, and coordinating with the Development team on funding strategy
- Build Net Impact’s grassroots professional chapter network from over 50 chapters to 75 chapters over the next three years.
- Support local chapter leaders to launch, build, and manage their chapters by providing communications, resources, best practices, and tools for chapter growth, activity and quality.
- Foster a vibrant chapter leader community for learning, support and development of the local leaders through the delivery of superior support and knowledge sharing.
- Collaborate with web team to develop channels for community engagement and community-driven content creation. Drive participation and moderate peer to peer communication channels.
- 7-10 years relevant work experience
- MBA or equivalent graduate degree preferred
- Enthusiastic commitment to Net Impact’s mission; experience with a Net Impact chapter a plus
- Thrives on building external relationships and engaging communities
- Proven experience creating meaningful programs and conducting program evaluation
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and creatively in an entrepreneurial culture
- High standards for excellence and exceptional attention to detail
- Highly collaborative style and passionate about engaging and developing future leaders
- Skilled at managing a wide range of projects. Comfort with ambiguity and willing to dive into different kinds of projects
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including writing skills
- Experience with web product development and online community engagement is a plus
How to apply
Please send the following application materials to Naomi Baer firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write your name and the title for this position (“Your name ; Senior Manager, Professional Programs”) in the subject line of your email.
1) Thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position and Net Impact, your qualifications, and your salary requirement or history
3) Professional writing sample
150 Spear Street, Suite 500, San Francisco, CA, 94105, US