Conservation International (CI) empowers societies to responsibly and sustainably care for nature, our global biodiversity, for the well-being of humanity. The two communications divisions of CI, News + Publicity (N+P) and Marketing + Branding (M+B), are seeking an Operations & Finance Senior Manager to provide operational and financial management for both divisions. Work is evenly split between the two divisions, so each will receive 50% of the Senior Manager's time. The Operations & Finance Senior Manager focuses on budget oversight and development, financial monitoring, and risk management. S/He will also focus on operations, including human resources, administrative, IT, resources, and legal services.
The Operations & Finance Senior Manager manages two annual budgets (one for each division) of $2-3 million each and is part of the leadership team responsible for overall management of the two divisions. This person will lead the Division through its' annual budget development process, manage the annual workplan reporting process, and lead the annual merit and evaluation process for 30 staff. This position will also provide financial analysis, projections, grant and contracts development, and oversee the internal compliance and administration of operational policies and procedures in the division. S/He will also prepare budget for proposals and oversee incoming grants.
This position officially reports to the VP for News + Publicity, however s/he will also coordinate with and informally report to the head of the M+B on a regular basis. The Operations & Finance Senior Manager supervises the Operations Coordinator.
- Budget Management including creating annual budgets, monitoring monthly, reconciling expenses, and creating long-term projections
- Prepare financial related reports and analyses for M+B and N+P leads upon request
- Manage the annual workplan reporting process
- Review and approve all invoices, expense reports, and other paperwork
- Oversee contract process, development, and invoicing, and other legal documents
- Develop cost estimates internally for other division's requests and facilitate the creation of TOR materials
- Make recommendations for cost-savings as appropriate
- Track, analyze, and make recommendations regarding division-wide expenses such as subscriptions, professional development, rewards, etc.
- Donor budget management, ensure compliance with donor requirements
- Grant registration
- Organize and oversee the annual performance appraisal and merit increase cycle
- Salary administration
- Recruitment and on-boarding of new staff
- Organize staff meetings and plan offsite as necessary
- Lead and develop team building efforts, training, and activities
- Work closely with leadership team on organizational effectiveness
- Act as Division office manager, ensure high quality and thoroughness of all operations services and communications with the department, including use of space, management of resources (equipment and supplies), meeting management, etc
- Establish and maintain quality controls of all CI policies and procedures for M+B and N+P
- Prepare proposal budgets to ensure accuracy with donor requirements and CI policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Four-year college degree in finance, business, or related field
- 5+ years of professional experience in related area
- Experience in budget preparation and management, and all types of financial transactions
- Ability to accurately and efficiently review and analyze detailed information
- Ability to clearly communicate goals, problems, and recommend solutions for a variety of budget and operational situations
- Excellent organizational and communications skills
- Self-directed problem solver
- Ability design and establish efficient procedures
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all level employees in a team setting
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidentiality of sensitive issues and information
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel and Power Point
- Ability to manage multiple projects while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Experience in creating and managing contracts and grants
- Previous experience with researching funding opportunities, including foundations, as well as proposal and/or grant writing
- Previous experience with a financial system, like Agresso or Oracle.
Please apply via company's website, www.conservation.org; you can use this link to the position: