SENIOR DISASTER CASE MANAGER
The Monmouth County Long-Term Recovery Group (MCLTRG) is seeking a Senior Disaster Case Manager to provide recovery services to individuals and families impacted by Super Storm Sandy.
The Senior Disaster Case Manager serves as the primary point of contact coordinating necessary services and resources to address complex disaster recovery needs. As funding permits and the program expands, the Senior Disaster Case Manager will oversee MCLTRG’s disaster case management program and provide supervision and support to program staff.
- Conduct client interviews to identify and assess disaster-related recovery needs
- Work collaboratively with clients to develop, implement and monitor recovery plans that comprehensively address outstanding and unresolved disaster related needs
- Research and identify available recovery resources and program eligibility criteria
- Empower clients to access available resources and advocate on their behalf
- Conduct home visits to assess homeowners’ needs.
- Collect and verify any and all documentation necessary to prove ownership, income, assets, expenses and identity
- Develop and prepare case presentations to present to MCLTRG’s Unmet Needs Roundtable
- Participate in Case Management and other MCLTRG committee meetings as directed
- As program expands, supervise and support disaster case management staff
- Compile and prepare statistical reports
- Maintain detailed client records and regularly input accurate and complete data into the Coordinated Assistance Network (CAN).
- Other duties as assigned by MCLTRG Director and the Executive Committee
- Bachelor’s degree or at least 3 years equivalent experience in social services or disaster relief and recovery
- Experience supervising case management staff
- Must have a strong desire to assist families affected by Hurricane Sandy
- Flexible and willing to adapt to ever changing circumstances
- Knowledge of available disaster recovery resources strongly preferred
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Flexibility to work some night and weekend hours
- Valid drivers’ license required
How to apply
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume toRdingle@mcltrg.org
2201 Marconi Road, Wall, NJ, 07719, US