Job Title: Senior Director, ARC Sandy Recovery New York
The American Red Cross will provide recovery services for survivors of Hurricane Sandy in affected states, primarily in New York and New Jersey. Period of Performance is 12/15/12 – 12/31/13, with a possible 6 month extension.
Job Description: The Senior Director is responsible for the successful management and completion of the Hurricane Sandy recovery effort, ensuring achievement of objectives, quality control and all required reports.
– Manage ARC Sandy Recovery Program in New York State, including planning, supervision, quality control and compliance, and reporting
– Participate and lead in developing strategic plans, goals, action plans, and program priorities.
– Support management team in developing data models to assess and support monitoring and evaluation.
– Develop program guidelines and policies.
– Develop and prepare reports for internal and external stakeholders.
– Manage Program Staff.
– Enhance the capacity of the programs delivered on a regular basis
– Ensure wellbeing of those supervised
– Prepare after action reports
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in Social Science (Psychology, Sociology, Social Studies, Education, Anthropology). Master’s degree preferred. Ten (10) years experience in case management, financial assistance processing, partner-agency relations, and disaster response/recovery preferable.
Management Experience: At least 7 years experience as supervisor or manager of staff engaged in direct client contact in an outcomes-based social-services environment.
Skills and Abilities: Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work independently, handle and prioritize multiple tasks. Ability to manage programs. Ability to assess client need and provide services equitably and consistently. Identifies and resolves problems and/or develops alternative solutions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
Other: Intermediate level proficiency with MS Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Location: New York City
Travel: Up to 25% field work
To apply: Go to redcross.org and type in Career Opportunities