Position: SeniorDirector, Consulting Services
Reports to: Senior Director, Consulting Team Leader
Arabella Advisors seeks a dynamic, forward-thinking leader to help our clients achieve greater philanthropic impact through a wide range of strategy and evaluation projects. The ideal candidate possesses outstanding research and writing skills, a passion for the role that effective strategy and evaluation can play in furthering philanthropic impact, and familiarity working with a variety of nonprofit organizations across multiple issues. The right candidate will also embody Arabella's values, combining entrepreneurial spirit with an eagerness to help our clients accomplish greater good.
Client Services (65%)
- Guide teams through complex client projects, including strategy development, evaluations, strategic planning and program implementation, providing expert leadership around research design, analysis, and deliverable development
- Develop and manage working relationships with clients
Marketing and Business Development (25%)
- Help build Arabella's visibility and professional network
- Work closely with the Managing Directors and the Consulting Team Leader to inform and support business development
- Contribute to thought-leadership
- Represent the firm at conferences and events
- Maintain familiarity with ongoing research and share with team and clients
- Identify hiring and training needs for Consulting Team staff
- Supervise local staff
- Mentor, motivate, and develop staff
Experience and Skills
- 12-15 years of relevant professional experience with increasing responsibility
- Demonstrated commitment to the philanthropic sector
- Relevant Masters degree
- Experience mentoring, coaching and supervising staff
- Experience in a consulting and/or entrepreneurial context, leading client engagements and providing actionable insights
- Ability to work with clients and consultants with a variety of technical and substantive backgrounds
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a variety of cultural settings with diverse populations
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Detail oriented
- Exceptional leader
- Sense of humor
Arabella Advisors is a dynamic consulting firm dedicated to helping individuals, families, institutions, and corporations make better philanthropic decisions.
We influence hundreds of millions of dollars in contributions and grants, helping our clients fight hunger and disease, improve early childhood education and advance conservation, among other issues. We also help clients think through how to use their return-seeking investments to accomplish their philanthropic goals. We provide clear-eyed research and analysis of issues and nonprofit organizations as well as strategy development, management and evaluation support, enabling our clients to give with confidence. Our clients range from the world's largest philanthropists to small family foundations and include the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Annie E. Casey Foundation, the Rockefeller Brothers Fund, The Kresge Foundation, the Steans Family Foundation, Microsoft, Novartis and Hyatt Hotels.
A Career with Arabella
Arabella's core value is to create an outstanding place to work. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. We encourage participatory decision-making and collaboration, while always keeping a sense of humor and goodwill. We encourage people to pursue their passions both inside and outside of work, respecting work-life balance.
In keeping with this core value, our firm is committed to providing excellent benefits to our employees. We are also dedicated to creating a fun, flexible and healthy work environment. Arabella offers 100% premium paid health, vision, dental, prescription insurance, long and short term disability, life insurance, personal and volunteer leave time, strong participation in an organization retirement plan, fitness benefit, pre-tax commuter benefit and more.
How to apply
How to Apply: Please submit a resume, and thoughtful cover letter outlining your relevant experience and specific interest in Arabella. Please submit all materials through the online portal found at the bottom of this link. Any application not submitted online will not be accepted. Thank you.
340 Pine St., Suite 401, San Francisco, CA, 94104, US