Children of Promise, NYC (CPNYC) ) is a community based organization that provides a year round, unique, integrated service model that meets the distinctive needs of children with an incarcerated parent. CPNYC’s mission is to provide children impacted by parental incarceration with the guidance, support and necessary resources to effectively develop leadership skills, form positive social relationships and enhance academic performance. Implementing the principles and best practices of youth development, this innovative after-school program infuses a mental health model.
The Senior Counselor works collaboratively with program staff and assists with the development and implementation of age and grade appropriate curriculum for our After-school program. Our participants are between the age of 6 to 13.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Implement the CPNYC curriculum, helping school age children improve literacy competencies, values, and physical fitness in an activity based environment.
– Attend off-site field trips (biking, roller skating, amusement parks, kayaking, museums, nature walks, and more).
– Oversee group activity participation: Music Theory, Dance, Arts & Crafts, Physical Education, Chess, Creative Writing, Chess, and more.
– Ensure the health, safety, and well being of children in the program by providing close supervision of all activities.
– Maintain enrollment, daily attendance records and emergency contacts for each participant; assure classrooms and other shared space is well maintained and clean.
– Understand and communicate the philosophy and goals of the CPNYC Program to the students and families.
– Assuring accurate distribution and accounting of all meals.
– Actively participate in all training sessions, designated meetings, and special events.
– Ability to teach, motivate, and influence children in a team environment.
– Enjoys organizing and participating in physical activities.
– Extremely reliable and patient.
– Comfortable working with a diverse population within a non-profit environment.
Education & Experience
– Completed Masters Degree, same fields as above preferred.
– Minimum two years teaching experience working with youth and families from diverse backgrounds
– Monday-Friday 3:00 pm ; 6:30 pm
How to apply
Interested applicants can forward resume & cover letter to email@example.com in order to be considered for this role.
54 MacDonough Street, Brooklyn, NY, 11216, US