For almost 200 years, Episcopal Social Services (ESS), accredited by the Council on Accreditation, has helped meet the pressing needs of the vast numbers New York City's disadvantaged. ESS has remained flexible in responding to the changing needs of the disadvantaged with an unchanging mission to help children, families and other individuals become independent and self-sufficient, and to make the most of their opportunities and potential. Today ESS, through its multisite programs and services, meaningfully touches over 5,000 lives every year throughout all of New York City, with an emphasis on the South Bronx and Manhattan. ESS's non-sectarian work focuses on strengthening children, families and adults through programs in foster care and adoption, early childhood education, afterschool initiatives, and group homes for developmentally disabled adults.
ESS is currently seeking a Senior Case Planner in our Foster Care & Adoption Department. The Senior Case Planner will support the Administrative Supervisor in conducting very specific supervisory job functions, along with managing a reduced caseload of ten children, with the goal of expediting reunification by providing needed services and advocacy to parents and children temporarily separated.
Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Fully meet the mandates of contract agency and NYS for services to families and children referred to us
- Provide on the job, SBC training for all new case planners, and coordinate all other training assignments for the unit
- Conducts weekly check-ins with each Case Planner
- Provide "hands-on" training in the field for new case planners-home assessments, court and school visits
- Interview parents and children from agency at home and in community facilities
- Arrange and supervise family visits
- Maintain a reduced caseload of 10-12 cases and records according to city and state guidelines
- Represent client and agency in court proceedings
- Extensive field work
- LMSW, MSW or other related Human Services degree required
- Minimum of two years casework experience
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong knowledge of child welfare systems
- Strong commitment to community work and sensitivity to cultural difference
- Must be detailed and organized and possess exceptional written/oral communication skills
- Knowledge of CONNECTIONS
48,000 per annum. Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, prescription, pension, 403(B), paid vacations, holidays, sick time and transit benefits.
It is the policy of ESS that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual's perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
How to apply
Interested qualified applicants may apply by clicking the link below:
305 7th Avenue, New York, NY, 10001, US