FULL-TIME JOB VACANCY
SENIOR ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
(New York Office)
Application Deadline: November 7, 2013
Human Rights Watch ("HRW") is seeking a Senior Associate Director for the Finance Division. The Senior Associate Director of Finance supports the Director of Finance and Administration in overseeing the financial management of the organization.
1. Implement all aspects of day-to-day finance functions for the organization including planning, implementing, and managing all global financial operations activities.
2. Oversee the coordination and integration of financial systems and processes with the rest of the organization.
3. Set and maintain financial operational policies including expense policies, grant management policies, controls and internal reporting practices.
4. Manage processes for financial forecasting, income processing, expense projections, budgets and reporting.
5. Evaluate short and long-term strategic financial objectives in partnership with the Director of Finance and Administration and provide recommendations to optimize financial practicesand advise leaders about the financial sustainability or feasibility of projects and programs.
6. Oversee HRW's financial database, including planning for changes and upgrades, developing improved processes and managing the database administrator.
7. Oversee financial training and orientation practices.
8. Lead on inter-entity financial operations and protocols.
9. Perform other duties as required.
Education: A bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Administration or a related field is required. An advanced degree is highly desirable.
Experience: Minimum seven years of experience in progressively responsible financial leadership roles in an organization with international operations.
Related Skills and Knowledge:
1. Proven track record and demonstrated knowledge of all aspects of finance and fund accounting is required.
2. Experience in financial management and budgeting with complex structure in multiple locations is required.
3. Experience with financial database management and reporting is required. Experience in Microsoft Dynamics highly desirable.
4. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and manage well with all levels of staff in order to work collaboratively within HRW are required.
5. Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment are required.
6. Strong computer knowledge including advanced ability with Microsoft Excel and a highly developed understanding of spreadsheet and database systems is required.
7. Excellent time-management skills and ability to prioritize tasks while maintaining a strong attention to detail is required.
8. Strong oral and written communications skills in English are required.
9. Prior experience working in nonprofit/NGO financial operations is desirable.
Salary and Benefits: HRW seeks exceptional applicants and offers competitive compensation and employer-paid benefits. HRW will pay reasonable relocation expenses and will assist employees in obtaining necessary work authorization, if required; citizens of all nationalities are encouraged to apply.
Human Rights Watch is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices and, in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse applicant pool.
How to apply
Contact: Please submit a cover letter, CV, a brief writing sample (unedited by others) and contact information for three references. Please submit the entire application in ONE attached document firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use "Senior Associate Director Ref FIN-13-1048-D" as the subject of your email.
Only complete applications will be reviewed and only qualified candidates will be contacted.
350 Fifth Avenue, 34th Floor, New York, NY, 10118, US