The American Health Informatino Management Association (AHIMA) is the premier assosciation of health information management (HIM) professionals worldwide. Serving 52 affilited component state associations and more than 67,000 members; it is recognized as the leading source of “HIM knowledge,” a respected authority for rigorous professional education and trainig. Founded in 1928 to improve health record quality, AHIMA has played a leadership role in the effective management of health data and medical records needed to deliver quality healthcare to the public.
The purpose of this position is to manage the day-to-day business priorities set by Vice Presidents, and to follow through on the implementation of priorities to foster continuous improvement; for effectively communicating both internally and externally to fulfill the objectives of the Business Unit and Departments. This role is responsible for fulfilling requests from corresponding VP including arranging meeting schedules, assisting with budget process, facilitating communication within the business units, coordinating projects, etc.
The position puts in place tracking for completion of projects with the desired outcomes; it is representative of the corresponding VP in external and internal communications for the purpose of timely, accurate and coordinated responses; it handles extremely confidential information with absolute discretion.
Provide forward movement on the day-to-day progress on objectives; provide communications internally and externally on behalf of the VP
- Assists in advancing organizational and business unit goals; working in liaison capacity to organize and administer projects via calendars and communications
- Building and maintaining strong relationships, to effect the cooperation between constituencies; engendering trust and being transparent while keeping confidentialities
- Continuing to identify and adjust processes, actions and follow-up to the changes that arise; making the connection between changes and communicating to the necessary areas that may be affected
- Other duties as assigned (budgeting, monitoring expenses, submitting invoices and expenses, departmental training for staff, etc.)
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5 years’ related experience in roles working with Senior Management, preferably in an association membership environment
- Strong in developing trust and portraying the highest level of professionalism both externally and internally; exhibits and encourages respect and cooperation among constituencies
- Ability to identify alternative solutions to complex issues and to implement processes and procedures to complete initiatives
- Make decisions keeping AHIMA processes in the fore, to promote organizational consistency
- Deliver tasks and projects on time
- Provide outstanding customer servicing, both externally and internally
- Possess above average skills in MS Office products, and proficiency in Webcasts, SharePoint, Customer data base (such as Personify); also exhibit exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Adheres to AHIMA’s ‘Service for Excellence’ best practices
- Ability to prepare and edit correspondence, communications, presentations, minutes, agendas, and other documents, design forms, compile and interpret surveys, manage files and records, and transcribe information
- Ability to conduct research, assemble and analyze data to prepare reports and documents
- Ability to manage travel and meeting calendar, coordinate travel arrangements, and prepare expense reports
AHIMA is an EEO/AA Employer
How to apply
Send resume and salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1730 M. Street, NW, Suite 502, Washington, District of Columbia, 20036, United States