The Girls’ School of Austin is a private, independent K-8 school (140 girls) in the
historic Tarrytown district of Austin. The School brings together a diverse student body
with a strong emphasis on creativity, community building, collaboration, and problem
solving. Classes in Spanish and the visual and performing arts enrich the strong
academic program. Significant use is made of the artistic and natural resources in
Austin and the surrounding area.
The Second Grade teacher has primary responsibility for Language Arts, Science, Math
and Social Studies instruction for up to 18 girls.
• Teach one section of second grade
• Collaborate with colleagues to effectively deliver the GSA program
• Use a variety of techniques to engage all learners
• Participate actively and positively in faculty meetings
• Perform other duties as assigned by the head of school
• A bachelor’s degree is required; a master’s degree is preferred.
• Strong communication skills required (verbal, written)
• Experience in private schools preferred
• Direct experience with girls’ schools is a
plus; an understanding of the benefits of a
single-gender education is essential
• Ability to work as a member of a highly collaborative faculty
• Must be flexible
Please submit a resume and cover letter to:
Lisa K. Schmitt
Head of School