Northside Charter High School is seeking a Science Teacher (Chemistry) for the 2014 -2015 School Year.
- Establish and support strong classroom management and discipline, promote an active culture of inquiry, and a positive learning environment within the classroom.
- Bring enthusiasm and depth of knowledge to his/her subject area.
- Consistently review data and evolve his/her approach to obtain maximum results.
- Take an active part in professional learning community meetings and department committee meetings.
- Learn to incorporate technology into the instructional domain by taking part in digital knowledge-sharing and communication. Be open about using data as a tool for enhancing success.
- Work closely and effectively with CTT and ELL teachers as applicable.
- Create and implement lesson plans based one the Northside overview model, NYSED core curriculum, hands-on, experiential learning, group-work, and project- based learning.
- Develop multifaceted, differentiated curriculum that meets the needs of every student in the room.
- Consistently and accurately report student progress and maintain accurate and up-to-date PowerSchool and hard-copy records.
- Identify and create opportunities to expand his/her skills and actively engage in professional development practices.
- Communicate openly with students, students' families, colleagues and school management team.
- Maintain an ongoing student intervention log that speaks to and evidences the teacher's role in creating a consistent conduit between school and home.
- New York State Permanent, Professional, or Initial Teaching Certification 7-12.
- Experience preferred; recent college graduates (who have completed student teaching requirements) are encouraged to apply.
- Energetic and inspired to actively engage with students within the framework of our school day.
- NYSED Fingerprint Clearance
How to apply
Applicants may email cover letter, resume, and copies of licensure to:
- Mrs. Jesenia Rodriguez, Director of Human Resources: JRodriguez@northsidechs.org
*Please type "Science Teacher" in the subject field
Northside Charter High School is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Mrs. Jesenia Rodriguez
424 Leonard Street, 4th Floor, Brooklyn, NY, 11222, US