Supervise and facilitate science and nature based activities with children and help to maintain standards that lead to quality program, while ensuring a safe environment.
• Must have knowledge and background in Nature/Environment and in youth supervision.
• Develop outdoor education program and constantly be on the alert for safety of all campers.
• Responsible to plan, organize and run age-appropriate environmental projects for campers ages 3-12.
• Must have a genuine interest in working with children in the Nature/Environment field.
• Have knowledge of outdoor plants and animals.
• Create nature activities that help campers feel comfortable in and explore the natural environment, build appreciation for and knowledge of ecological principles, and develop awareness of and responsibility for practices that have minimal impact on the environment.
• Must be prepared to lead and/or assist in other special programs and other camp programs when needed. Assist in busing, special events and rainy days or during other inclement weather.
• Responsible for completing an end of season inventory and leaving program area clean, organized and ready for end of season shutdown. Responsible to pack all materials and supplies at end of season. Must make sure materials are properly stored.
• Any other duties assigned by the Camp Director
Shift: -not applicable-
Location: Waltham YMCA
About the Organization The YMCA mission is dedicated to improving the health of mind, body and spirit of individuals and families in our communities. We welcome men and women, boys and girls of all incomes, faiths and cultures.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Position Requirements • Managerial experience in a camp setting
• Applicant must be 18 years of age or older.
• Must have experience planning lessons and teaching or implementing activities with children in age range from 5-15.
• Physically able to perform all duties on the course and to actively assist participants in need.