City Connects, a school-based collaboration among select Boston Public Elementary Schools, community agencies, and Boston College, reinvigorates a core function of schools by implementing an innovative model of systemic student support. City Connects assesses the strengths and needs of each student in the school and connects students with a tailored set of supports and resources from inside and outside the school. City Connects seeks a full-time School Site Coordinator to fill a leadership position at a participating school. The responsibilities of the School Site Coordinator are to:
• Establish and lead a Student Support team and process in the school that identifies and responds to the strengths and personal developmental needs of each and every child in the school.
• Connect students to a range of prevention, early intervention and intensive services programs that address the physical, emotional, cognitive, and social development of each student.
• Develop and enhance community partnerships with varied community agencies to meet the identified needs of students, families, and the school.
• Collaborate with school staff, including classroom teachers, to implement the City Connects model.
• Promote the City Connects model of student support to the school community, families and community agencies.
• Engage families and caregivers in understanding and supporting the education of their children and the ways in which academic outcomes are enhanced by serving the social-emotional and personal development needs of the child.
• Collect data on the implementation of the model and the delivery of services
• Master's degree in School Counseling, Mental Health Counseling, or Social Work
• Licensed School Counselor, Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC), or Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LCSW / LICSW)
• Experience working in a school environment.
• Evidence of culturally competent practices.
• Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse staff, a diverse student body and families, as well as a team of professionals at both the school and the university.
• Experience in urban public schools.
• Fluency in a second language that is spoken among the families of Boston Public School students.
• Experience with an organization that uses data to guide practice.
How to apply
Applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and the contact information for three references to Alison Stahl, Director of Implementation, email@example.com
Alison Stahl, Director of Implementation