If you truly enjoy working with children and are passionate about creating and implementing engaging after-school curriculum for elementary school students , PACC may have the perfect job for you!
What we're looking for:
We are seeking an outstanding Group Leader to work with students during homework help and assist with various art, science and movement activities. We're seeking an individual with the ability to motivate and encourage all types of learners, and will support the social-emotional well-being of students in the group..
Primary Function: The Group Leader will work in collaboration with the Site Coordinator to provide opportunities for students in Grades K-2 to develop intellectually, physically, socially and emotionally in a safe, healthy, nurturing and stimulating environment.
Compensation: This is a contract position; hourly rate is $17 - $20 per hour.
Reports to: Site Coordinator and Managing Director
Work Hours: 2:30-6:30 PM, Monday-Friday
Location: Lefferts Gardens Charter School, Brooklyn, NY
- Providing homework support and managing groups of 16-20 students during intake, bathroom breaks, class transitions, and dismissal
- Participate and lead group activities as delegated by the Site Coordinator and Managing Director.
- Assist the Site Coordinator in developing long-term plans for the semester as well as monthly lesson plans
- Follow PACC's operations guidelines to ensure the safety of the children under their supervision at all times
- Interact with parents and teachers to discuss their children's after-school experience
- Participate in daily recap, staff meetings and periodic professional development assignments
- Perform administrative tasks as necessary
- Excellent academic record
- CPR Certification a huge plus
- Education majors/graduates given priority consideration
- Candidates with strong backgrounds in Math, ELA, Science and the Arts highly preferred
- Minimum 2 years of previous experience working with students in a classroom setting