Position: School Energy Education Specialist, Wisconsin K-12 Energy Education Program, Wisconsin Center for Environmental Education
Hayes Hill Title: Outreach Specialist
Position Description: The School Energy Education Specialist will work with the WCEE program coordinator and KEEP staff in providing statewide leadership in the dissemination and incorporation of energy education into the K-12 schools of our state. The position will serve as a frontline contact for various activities within KEEP, primarily maintaining and enriching KEEP’s school building energy efficiency education initiatives and programming (courses, consulting, support materials). Duties also include evaluating and revising programs, developing educational materials, and assisting with the day-to-day operations of KEEP. For more information about this position, please visit School Energy Education Specialist.
Department/University Description: This School Energy Education Specialist position and KEEP are part of the Wisconsin Center for Environmental Education (WCEE), a center of the College of Natural Resources and UW Extension – Cooperative Extension at the University of Wisconsin – Stevens Point. The WCEE advances healthy and sustainable learning environments through education for pK-12 teachers and their students. KEEP funding is provided by Wisconsin utilities through the Wisconsin Environmental Education Foundation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sustainability Education, Environmental Education, Science Education, Education, Curriculum & Instruction, or a closely related field
- Background/experience in communications, environmental, or science education, with an active interest in energy and technology education and policy desirable.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Extensive computer experience, with word processing, spreadsheets, and database programs required.
- Creative, analytical, resourceful, and able to solve problems efficiently.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as well as independently.
- Experience or ability to develop skills related to a) developing and evaluating curriculum, b) program evaluation, and c) grant writing.
- Master’s degree preferred in Sustainability Education, Environmental Education, Science Education, Education, Curriculum & Instruction, or a closely related field
- Experience in program outreach to teachers and school staff.
- Experience working with teachers and school administrators.
- Interest in mechanical systems and processes.
Appointment Date: May 1, 2013
Terms of Employment: This position reports directly to the WCEE Program Coordinator and indirectly to the Director of the Wisconsin Center for Environmental Education. On an annual basis, a work plan will be developed in direct consultation with the position’s supervisor. The position will be evaluated based on accomplishments related to this plan of work, which shall outline achievement of annual goals and objectives for the position. Additionally, a retention packet is submitted on an annual basis to the Dean of the College of Natural Resources for approval. This position will be located in the Wisconsin Center for Environmental Education. The position requires regular daily and weekly office hours with occasional weekend and evening work. Statewide travel is required. The position is supervised by the WCEE Program Coordinator. This position is a full-time, fixed-term academic staff with an annual appointment. Salary is contingent upon program funding and commensurate with experience, plus benefits. Benefits include University of Wisconsin insurance, retirement, vacation, holidays, and sick leave.
Application Procedure: All application materials, listed below, should be submitted electronically in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Names, addresses, and telephone numbers for three professional references
- Unofficial transcripts of academic work (official transcripts will be required prior to an offer being made)
- One Letter of Recommendation
For additional information about the position, please contact Jamie Mollica, the Chair of the Search and Screen, via email email@example.com or phone 715.346.4818.
Deadline: March 1, 2013