The School Aide maintains safe and orderly hallways during the school day, and assists with the administration of the school and the maintenance of the school facilities. The School Aide is part of the Operations department and reports to the Director of Operations.
- Maintain school culture by supervising hallway traffic
- Maintain order and cleanliness in cafeteria during student lunch periods
- Ensure safety of students during school arrival and dismissal
- Monitor student bathroom use
- Keeps hallways and public spaces clean by discouraging students from littering
- Assists with security duties, including escorting students throughout the building where needed (i.e. to/from security, to nurse's office)
- Periodically provides supplemental bathroom and classroom cleaning
- Distributes supplies, instructional materials, and mail
- Copies and distributes or files administrative and instructional materials, as required
- Runs errands off school grounds
- Assists administrators, teachers, guidance personnel and/or other school-based staff, as required
- Assists with all school related clerical tasks (e.g., filing documents)
- Assists with attendance procedures, which may include attendance outreach
- Other duties as assigned by Office Manager or Director of Operations
Qualifications: (1) Minimum High School Diploma or G.E.D.; (2) Demonstrably successful record of prior employment; (3) Tremendous patience, strong work-ethic, and a love of children; (4) Ability to remain calm if children are unruly; (5) Spanish-speaker preferred.
Hours: Monday through Friday, 10am-6pm, following the Unity Preparatory Charter School of Brooklyn academic calendar.
Annual Salary: $25,000 or commensurate with experience, including medical, vision, dental, long- and short-term disability, and life insurance benefits. Employee 403b retirement plan available.
How to apply
Please send cover letter and resume to Eric Gonzalez, Director of Operations, at email@example.com. Please note that due to the nature of the position and the volume of applicants, Unity will only be able to contact applicants who move to the next round of the process.
432 Monroe Street, Brooklyn, NY, 11221, US