Job Title: School Administrator
Reports to: Board of Trustees
Start Date: July 1, 2013
The School Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the School and for providing leadership to the School by facilitating and coordinating school matters and ensuring timely and effective communication within the parent and faculty community and with constituencies in the broader community, region, and Waldorf movement.
The Administrator works with the committees, parent, faculty/staff and educational bodies in general to support the work in the classroom, to help bring Waldorf education into being, and to promote communication within the school community and beyond, to carry the vision of the school in the administrative realm.
Candidates must be committed to Waldorf education and the study of Anthroposophy, thrive in a collaborative working environment, and inspire others through the vision and strength needed to facilitate and promote achievement of the School's educational, organizational and financial goals.
Requirements for the position include:
• Professional experience in long-range planning, problem solving, conflict resolution, collaborative leadership, employee management, budget development, and public relations
• Excellence in executive functioning and organizational skills
• College degree required; Advanced degree in administration, management, or a related field preferred.
• Four years or more of management experience in an educational non-profit; Waldorf education setting strongly preferred
• Availability to attend meetings outside regular school hours
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Sense of humor
The School offers a competitive compensation and benefits package for this position.
Qualified, interested candidates please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
• Letter of interest and intention
• Brief biography
• Three references w/ phone numbers, including most recent employer
• Current contact information
Job description available upon request. No phone calls please.
Santa Fe Waldorf School
c/o: Hiring Committee
26 Puesta del Sol
Santa Fe, NM 87508