The Anchorage Waldorf School is seeking an interim Administrator starting July 1, 2013. The Anchorage Waldorf School, located in beautiful, mountainous Anchorage, Alaska, is a 20-year old Pre-Kindergarten through 8th grade Waldorf School enrolling approximately 100 students. The Administrator’s primary role is to ensure the health of the school through effectively managing the enrollment, development and financial functions and furthering the aims and purposes of the Anchorage Waldorf School.
Required Skills and Attributes:
Strong leadership skills with high level of responsibility and courage;
Excellent social, verbal and written communication skills;
Thorough and organized, able to track and handle multiple tasks and priorities;
Effective at delegating, assigning and following-up on various tasks;
Experienced in working out diplomatic solutions to problems involving more than one party; Comfortable using collaborative and consensus decision-making models;
Experienced as an Administrator and knowledge of Waldorf education; Familiar with the role of development and marketing in an independent school.
• Provides leadership for realizing the purpose, values and vision of the Anchorage Waldorf School.
• Actively communicates with and facilitates conversations among all bodies of the school including faculty,
administration, Board of Trustees, committees and parents.
• Coordinates and supervises the work of the administrative team.
• Works in conjunction with Business Manager and Board of Trustees to develop and manage the school budget.
• Helps establish and supports a development program for the school.
• Oversees the tuition assistance process for families needing financial support.
• Supervises the enrollment and admission process for prospective families.
• Works with the board and faculty to develop and execute school policies. •
• Coordinates the faculty evaluation process.
• Upholds and models the philosophic approach to leadership in operating a Waldorf school.
• Maintains communication and relationship with Association of Waldorf Schools of North America (AWSNA).
• Ensures school compliance with all applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations.
Base salary starting at $34,700 with incremental increases for experience and qualifications. Benefits include health insurance, annual continuing education allowance, aftercare and tuition remission for a child(ren) attending the Anchorage Waldorf School.
Please submit cover letter, a short biography and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Anchorage Waldorf School 3250 Baxter Road, Anchorage, AK 99504