If you are an experienced and proven Sales and Business Development Manager looking for a great opportunity in a high-growth-potential environment, then get in touch! We are a small, entrepreneurial company in a very cool space: we provide SaaS tools and consulting support to help Fortune 500 companies (and their nonprofit partners) measure the social and business value of their community investments (e.g., volunteerism, grant making, etc.). If you feel that you can thrive in a fast-paced, non-corporate environment, and help us grow in this and other markets, then we want to hear from you.
The primary role of the Sales and Business Development Manager is to develop, close and retain qualified leads for our innovative portfolio of products. Candidates must be opportunity oriented, results driven and confident working with a variety of business prospects.
In this role you will be responsible for all aspects of the sales cycle including generating new prospects, nurturing leads, and turning prospects into clients. Additionally, you will be responsible for following up on marketing generated leads. You will be expected to drive the conversation to qualify opportunities and follow up primarily with emails, calls, and webcast demonstrations. You will also participate in and facilitate strategic meetings to help the rest of the team understand client needs and identify additional areas of opportunity.
- Identify and prospect key decision makers within targeted business segments in order to close new clients for our tools and services.
- Effectively manage prospects and existing clients by phone, email, and webcast (for product demos) to maximize business potential.
- Create and maintain process for follow-up on sales and marketing activities.
- Support ongoing lead generation through networking, strategic conversation, research, inbound marketing, industry events and the like.
- Develop and track all sales metrics.
- Document and log activities (calls, conversations, appointments, lead-passes, etc.) and maintain accuracy of client databases relative to prospects and clients.
- Facilitate strategic meetings to help the rest of the team understand client needs, improve service offerings and identify additional areas of opportunity.
- Track record of developing leads and effectively closing business clients.
- Successful experience selling a variety of products and services to corporate clients.
- Solid knowledge of Marketing Automation and CRM systems.
- Comfortable working in an early stage, entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to work effective in a remote set up (with regular in-person team meetings in Boston).
- Strong verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with business research and prospecting techniques.
- Strong attention to detail; good listener; good organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and driven with delivery emphasis.
- Experience owning a quota number or some form of performance-based delivery.
- Team player
- Demonstrated commitment to witty banter, ironic observation, and general humor (but never puns, which are never funny)
- Some connection to the social sector ; either via career or personal involvement ; is a plus.
What We Offer:
Highly competitive base salary with significant added earnings potential
Outstanding benefits and flexible vacation time
Creative, fast-paced environment
Flexible, remote working environment
Supportive, friendly culture
Opportunity for advancement within the organization
True Impact is based in the Greater Boston, MA area. Local candidates preferred.
How to apply