The primary role of the SafeHouse Counselor/Advocate is to provide support, advocacy, safety planning, and educational services to adult/child victims/witness of domestic violence. This position is to be carried out while empowering victims with respect to their safety and their right to self-determination. We are advertising for both full and part time positions (weekends and over night), 1st (7am to 3pm), 2nd (3pm to 11pm), and 3rd (11pm to 7am) Shifts, at our Norwalk and Stamford locations.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
- Preferred fluency in both English and Spanish (spoken and written).
- Experience providing direct services to crime victims in a crisis intervention, criminal justice, or a human services field.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of the dynamics of domestic violence and its impact on adult and child victims.
- Commitment to working with domestic violence victims to develop a plan for their safety and preserve their right to self-determination.
- Commitment to breaking the cycle of domestic violence and empowering victims.
- Crisis intervention and counseling skills.
- Group facilitation skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse range of clients.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Ability to maintain service records, complete accurate statistical and narrative reports and submit them in a timely fashion.
- Experience with Word, Excel, Outlook, and data entry
- Highly organized, focused, curious and committed to advancing safety for DVCC clients
- Strong advocacy skills for both client and systems change
- Ability to develop effective written educational materials regarding domestic violence issues and resources available
- Ability to develop and work with volunteers
- Transportation and a valid driver's license
- Must be able to lift 30 to 40 pounds
Salary range: $37,000-$45,000 per annum with excellent benefits for fulltime positions. Part time positions $18.00 - $23.00 per hour.
Please send your resume with the subject line "SafeHouse Fulltime" or "SafeHouse Part time"
Before applying, please review our website at www.dvccct.org.
777 Summer Street Suite 400, 5 Eversley Ave Suite 300, Norwalk/Stamford, Connecticut, 06851/06901, United States