B:E’s Community Housing program supports women and children, and single youth ages 18-24 by providing safe, shared housing, and coaching and /or case management services to help youth successfully establish self-sufficiency in the community. Residential Counselors must observe the residents of the home as well as their children. This is not only to ensure their safety but to make sure they are not exhibiting harmful behavior. Resident Counselors are required to monitor curfew compliance, monitor chores done by residents, as well as, conduct daily room checks to ensure cleanliness and chore completion. A daily record of the residents’ activities is kept track of and submitted at the end of each shift to the Community Housing Specialist and Housing Division Manager. Other duties include preparing shift and incident reports, and assisting in crisis resolution.
- Provide coaching/case management, guidance, referrals to community resources, and supervision for all residents and children.
- Facilitate group meetings and manage conflict resolution between residents and others during their stay in the program.
- Interact as part of a team with other B:E staff members and to communicate pertinent shift information both verbally and in writing.
- Maintain shift notes and confidential records for each client and complete reports as needed as well as complete incident report forms before the end of their shift that reflect any incident that involved a threat to safety of person or property.
- Enforce housing policies and address housing policy violations as needed
- Respond to emergencies when on site in a timely manner
- Required to create shopping list for supplies. Also, if the Community Housing Coordinator is on vacation or is otherwise unavailable, Residential Counselor will be asked to step in as Site Supervisor until Coordinator returns.
- Attend supervision, monthly staff meetings, and monthly coaching trainings.
- Residential Counselor is responsible for ensuring there is clean linen available for new residents, as well as, submitting maintenance requests and supply lists in a timely manner.
- Residential counselor will be responsible in orientation of new residents and securing any personal property abandoned by resident upon voluntary or involuntary move out.
- Follow mandated reporting procedures as well as Community Care Licensing (CCL) rules and regulations
- Ensure Community Housing Coordinator is regularly apprised of activities and problems in a timely manner;
- Arrives to work and meetings on time, remain awake and alert at all times, and remains on duty until relieved by another House Counselor. Duties include working some holidays.
- Submit notes before the end of every shift.
High School or GED Required. A Bachelors of Arts or Sciences Degree is preferred. Valid California Drivers License with access to a personal vehicle that can be used for company business. Current personal automobile insurance. Applicant must be finger printed and obtain clearance from the Department of Justice. Effective problem solving and communication skills.
This position requires sitting and using a computer for extended periods; ability to continuously stand or walk; ability to climb stairs to reach office and client housing; ability to lift up to 50lbs (occasionally).
This is a weekend only position between the hours of 3:00pm-11:30pm. In addition residential counselor is expected to attend monthly staff meeting, supervision, and monthly coaching training.
How to apply
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter email@example.com. All applications are due by Spetember 7th, 2014.
675 Hegenberger Road, Oakland, CA, 94621, US