Paid Part-time Positions Available
A Woman's Place (AWP) is hiring a Resident Counseling Advocate responsible for helping AWP to achieve its mission by maintaining the physical plant of the shelter residence; providing empowerment counseling, advocacy, and support to victims of domestic violence in both the shelter and community settings; and supporting a positive and welcoming environment for residents. Part time position; hours vary; Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Erika Flayer, Counseling Manager at email@example.com
- Provide services to victims of domestic violence that support the Values, Vision, and Mission statements of the organization.
- Work with individuals to create change in their lives, which supports ending gender oppression and violence towards women.
- Provide advocacy services to survivors of domestic violence that emphasizes improved safety and economic self-sufficiency.
- Provide services that improve immediate safety and prevent reoccurrence of relationship violence, including safety planning, lethality risk assessment, and linkages to specialized legal and therapeutic services.
- Provide services that improve economic self-sufficiency of survivors, including financial education, job searches, interview preparation, assistance with resume preparation and job applications, assistance accessing public benefits, and job placement programs.
- Assist survivors with goal setting, planning, follow through, tracking progress, and celebrating success.
- Coach clients to advocate on their own behalf with creditors and other financial institutions, employers, bill collectors, landlords, public and community-based programs.
- Maintain a comprehensive directory of local resources that are relevant to improving client self-sufficiency.
- Advocate for expedited referral processes to enroll survivors in job training and placement programs.
10. Conduct an intake assessment with each new resident identifying their goals, objectives, and needs as identified by the survivor.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to the attention of Erika Flayer at 215-343-1163. Regular mail can be sent to
A Woman's Place PO Box 299 Doylestown PA 18901 Attn: Erika Flayer
PO Box 299, Doylestown, PA, 18901, US