Overview Blueprint Schools Network (Blueprint) is a Massachusetts-based nonprofit organization dedicated to working directly with school districts to close the achievement gap in their lowest-performing schools. Blueprint works in partnership with district and school leaders to plan, implement, and monitor school turnaround strategies in line with our research-based, five-point framework for school reform. Through this effort, Blueprint ensures that our Partner Schools embrace a comprehensive approach to:
- Investing in human capital;
- Developing a school culture of high expectations;
- Increasing instructional time;
- Providing students with small group differentiated instruction; and
- Organizing, synthesizing and using student and school performance data.
We are currently working with elementary, middle and high schools in Boston Public Schools and Denver Public Schools using our research-based, five-point framework. The Blueprint Fellows program, a year-long full-time academic tutoring program was implemented in an additional 39 schools within Denver Public Schools in the 2013-14 academic year. In 2013-14, Blueprint is launching a partnership with schools in Saint Louis, Missouri to provide the Blueprint Fellows program.
Executive Summary The Regional Program Coordinator, St. Louis supports the implementation of the Blueprint Fellows program within a network of Blueprint’s partner schools in St. Louis, MO. The position will require the ability to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders to support the planning, launch, and management of our individualized tutoring program during the regular school day. The Regional Program Coordinator will be based out of St. Louis, MO and will require some travel to our national office in Newton, MA and/or other partner schools and district offices.
Responsibilities Required activities include (but are not limited to):
- Provide coordination of the Blueprint Fellows program activities including actively monitoring and evaluating program progress; meeting deliverables; collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure the successful launch and implementation within all site-locations in St. Louis;
- Develop and/or amend training tools and materials to support the professional development for Fellows Coordinators and Blueprint Fellows;
- Participate in regular site visits of the Blueprint Fellows program in St. Louis, which include conducting observations of Blueprint Fellows and conversations with students, staff, Fellows Coordinators, and school leaders;
- Collect, manipulate, prepare and interpret student data;
- Collaborate with the National Fellows Program Director, National Program Director, Executive Director, and Director of Human Capital to support the recruitment efforts, toolkits, materials and systems necessary for the implementation of our programs;
- Represent Blueprint Schools Network and/or serve as designee for the Regional Director at school board meetings, state-level meetings, community meetings and conferences; and
- Other projects, as assigned.
Essential Attributes and Experience Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with at least five (5) years of relevant experience or Master’s degree in related field with at least three (3) years of relevant experience
- Prior teaching experience and/or experience within a school setting preferred;
- Demonstrated experience launching and leading the implementation of educational programs;
- Proven ability to build and develop strong and trusting relationships with a variety of stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to understand the needs of urban school districts and the diversity of their student populations;
- Experience in an entrepreneurial setting; and
- Adept and fluent with technology and proficient with MS Office.
- Commitment to Blueprint’s mission;
- Organized and thoughtful in approach;
- Open and collaborative;
- Able to multi-task and recognize priorities;
- Detail oriented; and
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
Blueprint Schools Network is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
How to apply
To apply please visit the following link and follow instructions: