Position currently funded at 0.50 FTE. Health benefits are not provided. FTE and responsibilities may grow as funding is secured.
The Community Alliance with Family Farmers (CAFF) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to advocate for California family farms and sustainable agriculture. CAFF is a membership organization guided by a board of directors that includes family farmers and others who are passionate about food, farming and the environment. CAFF runs Regional Food Systems projects such as Farm to School projects, Buy Fresh Buy Local campaigns, and providing technical assistance in accessing new markets to farmers around the state. Our main goals are to increase the economic viability of California family farmers and to connect communities with their local producers. See http://www.caff.org for more information.
The Regional Food System Coordinator is primarily responsible for providing administrative support to CAFF's Regional Food Systems program but will also have the opportunity to develop and take on his/her own projects. The Coordinator reports to the Regional Food Systems Program Director.Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Program Coordination (50%):
- Recruit new Buy Fresh Buy Local chapters
- Support Buy Fresh Buy Local chapters and members
- Support CA Farm to School Taskforce program needs
- Develop infrastructure for communications and tracking of Farm to School partners across state
- Develop and administer the CA FoodCorps program with LifeLab
- Supervise FoodCorps Fellow
- Support development of monthly newsletter content
- Write articles and press releases about the regional program work for media, Ag Advocate, etc.
- Support RFS staff in creating marketing materials for their programs
Program Support (25%):
- Support all regional offices in ensuring they have resources to do their work
- Support all regional office moves, openings, and closings
- Support administrative needs in Oakland office
- Coordinate monthly RFS paperwork collection and mailings
- Manage data collection and funder reports
- Write grants as needed
- Participate in program and strategic planning
- At least 2 years of experience in non-profit organizations
- Previous program coordination and/or office management experience
- A minimum of one year experience in grant writing and reporting
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Background in agriculture and/or local food
- Social media experience
How to apply
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and 1 - 2 page writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject: RFS Coordinator. The position closes on February 22, 2013.
CAFF's policy is that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, or sexual orientation.