The Regional Development Manager handles all assigned aspects of fund development in his/her region, including meeting targeted income and expense goals. The Regional Development Manager is part of the Event and Fund Development teams.
The Regional Development Manager reports to the Event Director. If the Event Director position is vacant, the Regional Development Manager will report to the President or his/her assignee.
- Leads the fund development effort in assigned region.
- Represents the Chapter at events.
- Engages the public by representing the Chapter and speaking at community events.
- Coordinates auxiliary groups, including the recruitment and stewardship of members and group logistics.
- Acts as the Chapter's regional media and public relations spokesperson in assigned region.
- Works to meet budgeted income goals for regional fund development activities.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive plan to meet budgeted income goals for assigned WALK To Defeat ALS and/or RIDE To Defeat ALS program(s) in region that includes all core components of the Model.
- Works in conjunction with marketing staff to achieve marketing and PR objectives for assigned event(s).
- Manages regional volunteers.
- Ensures each event operates within budgetary expense guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND KEY SKILLS
Bachelor's degree required.
One (1) to three (3) years of experience in fundraising, event management, communications, or related field preferred.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required.
Must be comfortable with initiating traditional fundraising techniques, i.e. cold calling, overcoming objectives, asking for the gift, etc.
Experience with volunteer management desired.
Experience using DonorPro, Convio, and database programs desired.
Skilled communicator, with superior interpersonal, verbal and written skills.
Able to handle confidential information and maintain high confidentiality.
Team player who enjoys interaction with professionals, peers, volunteers and those served by the organization.
Must have and maintain a valid driver's license and a good driving record.
Must maintain required insurance on automobile driven for business purposes.
Must pass a satisfactory background check that includes drug testing and motor vehicle record check.
How to apply
Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please