Commongood Careers brings innovative recruiting solutions to exciting nonprofit organizations that are changing the world. With a core business of retained search for positions at all levels of an organizational chart and across all functional areas, Commongood Careers has placed over 600 talented professionals into exciting positions in more than 200 organizations nationally, such as Summer Search, Breakthrough Collaborative, Net Impact, College Possible, Center for Effective Philanthropy, College Summit, DonorsChoose.org, and Reading Partners.
Just as Commongood Careers is passionate about connecting great talent to amazing organizations, we are equally passionate about building, supporting, and challenging our own team of outstanding nonprofit professionals. Grounded in our organizational values of purpose, diversity, respect, accountability, innovation, and fun, the culture of Commongood Careers is most often described as results-oriented, mission-driven, collegial, team-oriented, and entrepreneurial.
Responsibilities: Commongood Careers is currently an exceptional relationship-builder to join our team of Recruitment Managers and oversee multiple projects aimed at ensuring that Commongood Careers builds and maintains a highly qualified pool of candidates appropriate for the positions we manage. Specifically, the Recruitment Manager will:
- Actively develop and build networks and partnerships that bring exceptional talent to Commongood Careers, including conducting extensive research to identify high-quality talent throughout the country
- Manage cutting-edge social networking tools and strategies to build and engage a community of candidates
- Partner closely with Commongood Careers Search Consultants to manage relationships with nonprofit organizations and provide a high level of client service
- Lead presentations about building a career in the nonprofit sector for partner organizations, undergrad groups, MBA programs and Americorps cohorts
- Manage Commongood Careers participation in targeted networking events in Boston and nationally in order to continually cultivate a network of nonprofit professionals and stay up-to-date on trends throughout the sector
- Partner closely with the Vice President of Recruitment in order to continually build, sharpen and innovate our recruiting strategies
- Conduct informational interviews and provide advice and career guidance to professionals interested in working in socially entrepreneurial organizations in order to evaluate their potential fit with positions being managed by Commongood Careers
Qualifications: The successful candidate will possess many of the following attributes:
- First-hand knowledge of the nonprofit sector, preferably with an understanding of social entrepreneurship, and a passionate belief in the importance of the services provided by Commongood Careers
- Strategic relationship-builder with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, a naturally outgoing personality and an ability to quickly make connections between people, networks and organizations
- Several years of successful professional experience in a role that requires the use of strong project management and research skills
- Confidence in self-initiating and self-directing workflow; aptitude in balancing a vast array of projects simultaneously
- Innate customer-service orientation and relationship management skills with outstanding time management and organizational skills
- Team-player with a results orientation, flexibility and a sense of humor who is looking for an opportunity to have impact across the sector while continuing to learn, grow and develop as a professional
- Technologically savvy with an interest in and aptitude for utilizing social networking tools to make connections
How to apply
Please upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience position you for success in this role and stating how you heard about this opportunity, both in Microsoft Word format and addressed to Kevin Flynn, athttp://jobs.cgcareers.org/application.aspx?id=2082 Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
An equal opportunity employer, Commongood Careers values a diversity of experiences and opinions throughout its work and encourages individuals from all backgrounds to apply for this role.