For the 5th year in a row, Outreach has been named one of the Best Companies to Work for in NYS. Outreach is a non-profit organization that helps people address the issues stemming from drug and alcohol abuse by providing them with the highest quality of life-changing treatment, training and tools to build healthy lives. Outreach currently operates programs in Brooklyn, Queens and Long Island. Please visit our website: www.opiny.org for additional information on our program services.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Part Time Family Therapist for the Womens' Day Treatment Program track of our outpatient substance abuse treatment program in Bellport, Long Island. The schedule for this position is Tuesday, 9 AM to 5 PM, and Thursday and Friday 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
The primary duties and responsibilities includes, but are not limited to:
- Facilitate the engagement of selected members of the family, couple or intimate dyad in the treatment and recovery process.
- Complete family assessment for clients in the Day Treatment Program.
- Provide educational seminars and skill based training, e.g. parenting skills, for clients in the Day Treatment Program.
- Coordinate family formats with the Day Program Coordinator and the Site Director
- Provide backup coverage in the event of other clinical staff absences.
- Facilitate various formats (i.e., individuals, family groups, bridge groups, education, specialty groups) on time and in a professional, ethical and caring manner.
- Demonstrate initiative in task identification and completion; use time efficiently and work with the Site Director and Program Coordinator to effectively handle volume of work. Complete all documentation (i.e., progress notes, group notes, treatment plans, utilization reviews, progress reports to referents, thresholds, active caseload lists, monthly discharge summary, urinalysis) in a timely manner. Maintain easy to use system of filing, clinical and administrative record keeping and other documentation. Inform Site Director and/or Program Coordinator of any problems or anticipated inability to meet deadline.
- Actively participate in all meetings (i.e., staff meetings, case conference, team meetings and individual supervision) by being prepared utilizing problem-solving skills and providing appropriate feedback to team members.
- Maintain communication and teamwork with Day Program staff and caseworkers to integrate and enhance clinical services.
- Submit weekly schedules, ensure prior approval for off site activities, monitor and enhance effective utilization of time.
- Maintain computer skills that are appropriate to level needed for optimal job performance; proficient with using e-mail, Word Perfect and other programs as necessary.
LMFT, LMSW, LCSW or LMHC required. Experience in family therapy required. Experience working in a substance abuse setting preferred. This is a 19 hour per week position Tuesday, 9 AM to 5 PM (7 hours, 1 hour lunch), Thursday and Friday 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM. Clean and valid NYS driver's license required. This position is located in Bellport, Long Island. Public transportation is not readily available.
How to apply
This is an excellent opportunity to join the Outreach team. If you are interested in working for one of the leading providers in the substance abuse treatment field and you meet the qualifications listed above, please forward your resume to our main office:
via fax - 718 849 1093 or
email resume to: email@example.com.
fax - 718 849 1093