Outreach is a non-profit organization that helps people address the issues stemming from drug and alcohol abuse by providing them with the highest quality of life-changing treatment, training and tools to build healthy lives.
Outreach currently operates programs in Queens, Brooklyn and Long Island. Please visit our website: www.opiny.org for additional information on our program services.
We are currently seeking one or more Psychiatrists to provide mental status assessments, medication consultation and/or prescriptions, treatment team consultations, and treatment reviews at an outpatient substance abuse treatment program in the Brentwood, Long Island area.
The primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Providing mental status evaluations of clients referred from clinical staff, providing feedback and reports as to the proper level of care for clients, whether by unit staff or by referral for other services.
2. Providing psychopharmacological evaluation and ongoing medication management for appropriate clients in the program.
3. Consulting with staff and participating in case conferences/treatment planning meetings regarding best treatment practices.
4. Reviewing and approving individual treatment plans and related utilization reviews of clients in accordance with the needs of regulatory, managed care and other stakeholders.
5. Approving laboratory toxicology forms of clients.
QUALIFICATIONSM.D. with psychiatric certification. Experience working with addicted populations is preferred. Suboxone certification required. Bilingual a plus.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and hourly rate requirements to our main office:
117-11 Myrtle Avenue
Richmond Hill, NY 11418
fax: 718 849 1093
fax: 718 849 1093
452 Suffolk Avenue, Brentwood, NY, 11717, US