San Mateo County
Spanish Speaking Required
$5,002 – $7,013/Month
The Human Services Agency (HSA), Children and Family Services Division is seeking qualified Psychiatric Social Worker/Marriage and Family Therapists I/II (PSW) – Spanish Speaking Required. PSWs will provide direct client services including individual, family and group counseling, community support, and educational services to referred children and families. Direct client services include: court-ordered therapeutic visitation services for child welfare families; in-home counseling services for child welfare families; prevention & early intervention mental health services; psycho-social group services for children and adults in areas such as anger control techniques, depression and parenting; and community-based crisis response for suicides and major disasters. The incumbents will determine and develop appropriate treatment plans for all clients in the caseload; consistently collaborate with providers of other treatment disciplines; conduct individual, group and family counseling/therapy sessions for clients toward the goal of achieving more adequate, satisfying and productive adjustments in the community and provide case management services as appropriate; participate in developing individual and group treatment plans utilizing a variety of psychotherapeutic, psychosocial and psycho educational modalities; and conduct home visits as needed.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A current license as either a Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Marriage and Family Therapist, or collecting hours to take the licensing exam
- Solid clinical assessment, diagnostic and evaluation skills
- Knowledge of principles, techniques and trends in counseling, psychotherapy, clinical case management and various treatment modalities
- Excellent documentation skills: progress notes, assessments, client care plans, etc.
- Demonstrated expertise, skill and interest with a broad range of clients of diverse cultures and backgrounds, and an ability to provide culturally appropriate and proficient services
- Skill in establishing and maintaining productive working relationships with adolescents, families, co-workers, other professionals, collaborative partners and the public
- Fluency in Spanish is required
- PSW I – current California registration as a Clinical Social Worker Associate (ASW). MFT I – current California Registration as a Marriage and Family Therapist intern (IMF). Individuals hired in these classifications must become licensed within three years from the date of employment as a Clinical Social Worker or Marriage and Family Therapist by the State of California.
- PSW-II – current California license as a Clinical Social Worker (LCSW). MFT II – current California license as a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT).
A typical way to qualify is a Master’s degree in Social Work, Social Welfare or a closely related field. The ability to speak, read, and write fluently in both English and Spanish is required.
Final Filing Date: September 4, 2014
To learn more about the position and to apply online, please visit our website at http://jobs.smcgov.org. Applications are only accepted online. EOE